Under management direction, travels between customer healthcare facilities providing on-site proactive collection and exchange of waste containers for various Stericycle programs, including but not limited to: Sharps Management Service, Pharmaceutical Waste, Hazardous Waste, and Document Management. This service is provided at regularly scheduled intervals for assigned facilities. Fills in for other Team Members who are on vacation, sick, leave, etc. Schedule and location varies based on coverage needed
1) Primary back up for On Site Service Technicians. Travels between customer healthcare facilities to proactively monitor, collect, and exchange waste containers for various Stericycle programs and services, including but not limited to: Sharps Management Service, Pharmaceutical Waste and Document Shredding.
70% 2) Interacts professionally with onsite customer staff to ensure service expectations are met or exceeded. May travel to customers in assigned area to proactively resolve customer service questions and issues.
10% 2) Maintains a rigid collection and service schedule. May assist with installs as required.
10% 3) Communicates duty status on a defined scheduled.
5% 4) Performs other related duties as required or requested.
5% Contact with all levels of Customers on a daily basis in delivering, collecting, and exchanging Stericycle waste containers (Sharps, Pharmaceutical, Hazardous, Document Shredding, etc). Regular contact with many different levels of Stericycle personnel.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position): • Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or GED.
• Two or more years of industry related experience in a customer service capacity preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact in providing superior customer service in a variety of settings and situations.
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must possess reliable transportation to travel between customer facilities.
• Must reside within reasonable commuting distance of primary customer base, based on business needs.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and with little supervision.
• Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important 7-10, in priority order:
• Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
• Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met and proactively searches of ways to increase customer satisfaction,
• Demonstrates the ability to persist with a specific course of action. Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to complete work assignments and do a quality job.
• Demonstrates strong networking and proven relationship building skills and proven consultative selling experience.
Other (i.e. physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above: Position requires the following physical activity:
Balancing – ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium frequently
Climbing – occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps and the like using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized
Crouching – occasionally bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
Fingering – frequently type with the fingers, and/or separate pages of documents, etc,
Grasping – constantly apply pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
Hearing – constantly perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
Kneeling – constantly bend legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
Lifting – frequently raise objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position
Pulling – frequently use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
Pushing – frequently use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward
Reaching – frequently extend hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction
Repetitive motion – occasional substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
Seeing – constantly use visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations
Sitting – occasionally sit for sustained periods of time
Standing – occasionally stand for sustained periods of time
Stooping – occasionally bend body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
Talking – frequently expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
Walking – constantly move about on foot to accomplish tasks
Visual acuity - Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, filing papers, operating a vehicle, etc.
• Position requires extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and/or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
• Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work varied shifts, weekends if needed. Overtime as required to complete service. Must be able to travel daily between work sites. Travel varies in frequency and duration.