We are currently seeking an Integrated Waste Stream Services Technician to service, collect and separate various waste streams for assigned hospitals. Ensures that all waste (RMW, Recycling, Hazardous, Confidential) that is collected and received is properly segregated, treated and disposed. Ensures that all work areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner. Performs all duties in a safe and productive manner. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains a rigid collection and service schedule, providing on-site placement and collection of Sharps Needle containers through a healthcare facility, as required or requested.
• Receives waste from hospital personnel. Inspects waste for acceptance according to Stericycle waste protocols. Informs the supervisor/manager of any waste compliance issues.
• Separates waste streams (Solid Waste, RMW, Recycling, Hazardous and Confidential) into appropriate categories for treatment or disposal.
• Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separates non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
• Stage waste in area and/or properly stack waste for scanning in the Biotrack system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
• Scan waste carts for radioactivity and other adverse materials.
• Load treatment equipment with waste for processing and/or properly package waste for transport off site. Operates RMW waste treatment equipment.
• Maintains a clean environment through housekeeping program. Ensures spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc., are addressed immediately.
• Greets hospital personnel in a professional and friendly manner.
• Collect recycling throughout the hospital in (tipper cart) conveyances.
• Operates compactors and/or shredders as required.
• Assists in other areas of the operation as directed.
Education & Experience:
• Two or more years of industry related experience as a Service Specialist or driver, or the equivalent in related work experience.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
• Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and using computer software applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
• Demonstrates the ability to operate powered equipment, e.g., compactor, shredder, waste treatment equipment or forklift. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements *LI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.