Stericycle is currently hiring Route Drivers!
Responsible for servicing customers in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times. Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, daily drafts, andt the daily vehical condition report provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
• Must verify enough supplies is loaded on the trucks daily for the customers.
• Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
• Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway. Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up. $2000 Sign-on bonus for Non CDL position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Three or more years of customer service and route management experience required or applicable related experience.
• Completion of an accredited driving school, or one or more years of Commercial Driving experience required.
• Maintains current required driver’s license (Class A or B where applicable), with an excellent driving record.
• Maintains current Medical Examiner’s Certification (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
• Must have the flexibility to change daily job duties with little or no notice.
• Ability to travel to other districts with little or no notice. Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 60 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements *LI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.