We are seeking a Class A Driver for our Environmental Solutions business. This position will be responsible for transporting waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
This position will manage assigned routes ensuring that waste is transported in a timely and accurate manner:
- Responsible for picking up and transporting waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations
- Plans daily schedule based on Stericycle or customer needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- Communicates any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for resolution.
- Ensures load is secured and placarded if required prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Load truck at various customer sites
- Must be able to push/pull lite or heavy objects (drums ect.)
Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher, at the time of debriefing, for processing.
Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to pickups. Ensures that Route Manager servicing the specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to the Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
Performs a documented pre-trip inspection on vehicles prior to leaving yard to commence route. Performs a documented post-trip inspection on vehicles prior to being debriefed for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation Manager/Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for follow-up. Insures all defects have been corrected prior to operating the vehicles again.
Education high school , or equivalent.
Completion of an accredited driving school, or previous Commercial Driving experience required. Previous route management experience a plus.
Maintains current Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
Hazmat / Tanker Endorsement Required
Doubles, Triples Endorsements a plus
Demonstrates ability to read a map.
Demonstrates general computer skills and knowledge of internet.
Must be able to obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate from a doctor approved by Stericycle.
May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.