We are currently seeking a Dispatcher to provide a timely response of customer inquiries up to and including pick-ups, schedules, product orders, etc., and all other aspects of a customer’s needs. Dispatches vehicles on a pre-set route for each driver on a daily basis in the interest of efficient customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, manage and assist with SFDC cases.
- Assist Customer Service with customer requests, route changes, rescheduling pickups and missed stops.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers in line with Customer 1st objectives.
- Assist with routine PDT/printer availability and operations.
- Build and print routes for drivers on a daily basis, including but not limited to shipping documents, route sheets, barcode labels.
- Dispatch drivers for extra or missed pick-ups.
- Reviews driver’s paperwork (VCR and log book) and files paperwork.
- Review and update routes and reroute existing customers as required.
- Debrief drivers in accordance with written SOPs.
- Complete consolidated manifests for trailer shipments.
- Ensure that routes are balanced and accepted in BSA on a daily basis.
- Forward VCR (Vehicle Condition Report) reports to Transportation Supervisor/Manager for maintenance request.
- Assist drivers with problems as issues arise (during the day or at the end of the route).
- Prepare, review and stamp all manifests.
- Assist Trans Supervisor/Manager as needed/directed.
- Download PDTs from previous night.
- Handle 3rd Party Hauler and APHIS paperwork.
- Check STARS Customer Site Status Report daily.
DT maintenance and repair Team Member Development:
- Communicate performance standards and objectives.
- Monitor operations and work of all route Team Members.
- Keep staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional, organized, and participative meetings.
- Track and input DOT hours/ JJ Keller.
- Monitor Company policies and procedures, communicate to staff, as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and compliant workplace at all times.
- In the absence of a manager/supervisor, monitor and ensure that employees are performing their functions safely and productively.
- Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
- Oversee and participate in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all drivers and equipment.
- Ensure DQF, DOT Logs and VCR logs are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
- Education equivalent to graduation from High school, or GED equivalent; some college preferred.
- Two or more years of Transportation/Logistic experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates the ability to work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self or others.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.