The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining and developing existing customers through high levels of service in order to expand and strengthen the relationship. The Account Manager is a member of the sales team and is responsible for customer planning and administration, monitoring, and optimizing the revenue potential and operational performance of their branch’s accounts.
The Account Manager maintains Shred-its policies, standards, and practices both within and outside their assigned territory and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
• Maintains and develop existing customers through appropriate and ethical methods in order to optimize the quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction and retention.
• Actively identifies opportunities to introduce additional services, thereby increasing the revenue opportunity within each customer’s business portfolio. .
• Proactively conducts outbound customer outreach calls weekly..
• Maintains a high profile presence in the market by conducting client care visits; turning a sales relationship into a long-term partnership. .
• Proactively conducts strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis in order to review service needs and usage trends. .
• Formulates strategies to retain customers where revenue may be decreasing. .
• Handles and resolves all issues and concerns in a timely manner. .
• Completes standard weekly and quarterly reports along with any ad hoc reporting requests. .
• Participates in all sales and other training provided by Shred-it. .
• Participates in special projects and promotional campaigns under the direction of the District Sales Manager/Director of Sales. .
• Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaises with customers to understand their requirements with respect to products and services that the business currently offers or is planning to offer.
• Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
• Establishes personal relationships with current and potential customers in the assigned territory.
• Serve as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
• Partner with the Service Manager on retention, customer issues and concerns
• Debrief on any service issues with SM, Operations Manager, and CSRs, as required
• Post-secondary education, with a major in business or sales and marketing is preferred but not required.
• Minimum of two (2) years of account management experience.
• Previous industry experience, including an understanding of document destruction and/or records management, business continuity and risk management solutions is preferred.
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products, and strong internet skills.
• Mobility to drive a motor vehicle throughout the day for business needs.
• Ability to sit for up to eight (8) hours per day.
• Ability to walk in the course of business up to four (4) hours per day.
• Ability to operate a personal computer.
• Ability to talk regularly over the phone with customers and co-workers up to eight (8) hours per day.
• Oral Communication
o Effectively expresses self in one-on-one and group situations and presentations.
• Written Communication
o Effectively expresses ideas through a variety of written communications (e-mails, reports, memos, etc.), demonstrating strong writing skills.
o Demonstrates attentiveness and the ability to understand the oral communications of others through active listening skills.
• Teamwork: Ability to work well in a team environment, always willing to assist other partners.
• Sensitivity: Takes into consideration the feelings and needs of others in plans and actions.: Organization
• Schedules and plans daily activities by utilizing proper time management and allocation of resources.
• Persuasion:Gains agreement and acceptance of ideas, plans, activities, and recommendations.
• Reliability: Can absolutely be counted on to meet deadlines, carry out tasks, and keep commitments.
• Impact:Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, and shows an air of
• Confidence:Portrays an approachable image, acts in a friendly manner with people and put them at ease.
• Resilience Handle disappointment and rejection, while staying effective.
• Judgment Utilizes sound decision-making ability based on the policies and procedures of the organization.
• Fact Finding Effectively gathers information for decision-making through questioning and active listening.
• Decisiveness Ready to make decisions, render judgments, and take action.
• Creativity Generates and recognizes imaginative, creative solutions. Personal Motivation
• Initiative Self-starter who exhibits initiative and internal motivation to achieve goals, including those beyond standard expectations.
• Integrity Maintains social, ethical, and organizational norms.
• Energy Maintains a high level of activity and exhibits stamina, alertness, and sense of urgency.
• Stress Management Handles all situations (e.g. time pressure, deadlines, task difficulty) with dignity and poise.
• Commitment Demonstrates commitment to perform above and beyond the essential functions of the job.
• Enthusiasm Demonstrates an open mind and positive attitude and affects others in a positive way.
• Displays genuine interest, excitement, and eagerness toward job, company, and prospective customers.