We are currently seeking a Dispatcher to provide a timely response of customer inquiries up to and including pick-ups, schedules, product orders, and all other aspects of a customer’s needs. Dispatchers dispatch vehicles on a pre-set route for each driver on a daily basis in the interest of efficient customer service.
The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors, manages and assists with SFDC cases.
- Assists Customer Service with customer requests, route changes, rescheduling pickups and missed stops.
- Provides highest level of customer service to all customers in line with Customer 1st objectives.
- Assists with routine PDT/printer availability and operations.
- Builds and prints routes for drivers on a daily basis, including but not limited to shipping documents, route sheets, and barcode labels.
- Dispatches drivers for extra or missed pick-ups.
- Reviews drivers' paperwork (VCR and log book) and files paperwork.
- Reviews and updates routes, new customers based on daily communication, reroutes existing customers as required.
- Debriefs drivers in accordance with written SOPs.
- Completes consolidated manifests for trailer shipments.
- Ensures that routes are balanced and accepted on a daily basis.
- Forwards VCR (Vehicle Condition Report) reports to Transportation Manager for maintenance request.
- Assists drivers with issues as they arise during the day or at the end of the route.
- Prepares reviews and stamps all manifests.
- Assists Transportatin Manager as needed/directed.
- Handles 3rd Party Hauler paperwork and other paperwork, and checks reports daily.
- Communicates performance standards and objectives.
- Monitors operations and work of all route Team Members.
- Keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional, organized, and participative meetings.
- Tracks and inputs DOT hours/ JJ Keller.
- Monitors Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, as necessary.
- Maintains a safe and compliant workplace at all times.
- In the absence of a manager, monitors and ensures that employees are performing their functions safely and productively.
- Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
- Oversees and participates in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all drivers and equipment.
- Ensures DQF, DOT Logs and VCR logs are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or GED equivalent; some college preferred.
• Two or more years of Transportation/Logistic experience preferred but not required.
• Demonstrates the ability to work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self or others.
• Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.