This role will oversee the Credit, Collections and Cash Application functions for Stericycle’s Shred-it business unit across US and Canada as part of the Global Shared Services group. This role will also lead their Team in continuous improvement, customer focused, and development opportunities. They will partner with the business units’ financial and commercial leadership to create metrics and procedures with the overall goal of improving cash collection and customer service.
Key Job Activities:
- Development and implementation of collections processes and credit policies that improve the daily operations of the collections teams, ultimately resulting in improved cash flow and lower bad debt.
- Manage and prioritize all collection activities and risk mitigation activities across the Shred-it business unit in the US and Canada.
- Optimize diligent cash collection, portfolio management, and credit management by ensuring accurate collections processes and timely billing practices.
- Establish credit granting procedures and risk management policies. Review new applications for approval/denial.
- Formulate and maintain the monthly analysis of receivable reserves and allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Actively engage legal team to manage high risk relationships and minimize exposure due to preference suits in bankruptcy cases.
- Partner extensively with both commercial and financial senior leadership in the implementation of advanced screening processes for “pipeline” deals and monthly reporting such as the escalation process regarding payments and discrepancy resolution.
- Administers and enforces cash application and collection policies and procedures to ensure effective controls are in place.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as required or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CPA and/or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten or more years prior experience required, preferably in different environments as Healthcare, Retail, B2C, large and small commercial, and B2B industries.
- Proven track record of minimizing portfolio collection risk and bad debt by establishing intelligent collections processes, thus reducing A/R delinquency and improving cash flow.
- Experience in leading and developing teams in resolving of distressed portfolios of debt for both large and small accounts, reducing aged A/R with maximum cash recovery and minimum.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of Collection, Credit, and Cash Application systems and workflows.
- Strong leadership, team development, mentoring/coaching, people management skills, as well as, very strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement throughout the process and organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.