The Director of Training - Inside Sales - HCS is responsible for assessing, developing, and delivering a world class training program for the HCS Sales organization. The Director also delivers the sales standards of excellence while enforcing company policies, standards, and practices within the region. The incumbent collaborates with leadership to ensure consistent implementation and adherence to the core purpose, core values and future position within the marketplace.
Key Position Activities:
1. Directs the design, delivery and execution of sales training initiatives to improve the overall performance of the HCS Inside Sales group across all regions in the US and Canada. Accountable for the design, roll out and delivery for launching new sales programs and modifying supplemental training modules and programs.
2. Continually collaborates with regional and district sales managers to develop a world class training program to optimize personal sales performance and business results. Prepares assessment of training modules and programs in conjunction with field sales leadership.
3. Identifies and executes on strategic training initiatives to improve business results. Develops metrics for tracking the success of training programs and makes adjustments and modifications as needed.
4. Develops new sales team member onboarding road map that includes sales training acumen and operational information.
5. Continually seeks input from our customers to ensure that their feedback is reflected in our sales strategies and services.
6. Partners with sales training team to ensure effective content and delivery of training modules. Recommends revisions to training programs and materials, and incorporates new training techniques to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of training processes.
7. Leverages learning management system (LMS) and online capabilities to optimize efficiency of training
8. Visits field locations to ensure the consistent and successful delivery of training programs; may also participate in customer visits as needed.
9. Establishes training protocols for Inside Sales Managers to utilize in ongoing skill enhancement.
• Bachelor’s degree (Commerce and/or Business Management preferred) with a minimum of 7 years of selling ex-perience in a multiple business branch/unit environment
• 12 or more years of progressive leadership experience in a multiple business unit environment
• Available to travel
• Experience successfully managing a budget
• Proven leadership in successfully driving accelerated revenue growth
• Developed, implemented and delivered “excellent customer service” team culture
• Successful in realizing business results against objectives: sales management, customer & operations, and ad-ministration.
• Advanced knowledge of sales theory/skills is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.