The Manager, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) is responsible for developing and implementing plans to promote diversity within Stericycle. A significant part of the role is promoting and developing training programs to enhance em-ployee understanding of diversity and inclusion. Develop creative and sustainable D&I programs that strengthen our com-mitment to diversity and increases our external brand recognition.
The Manager will be an integral member of the Talent Management Team, focusing on diversity initiatives, as well supporting diversity initiatives in talent acquisition and learning and development.
Key Position Activities:
- Consult and collaborate with business leaders, HR Business Partners and the Centers of Expertise to design a comprehensive Diversity and Inclusion (D & I) strategy that aligns with Stericycle Core Purpose, Vision and business objectives. Partner with L&D team on initiatives including onboarding, leadership development and other ad-hoc programs that will strengthen our diversity commitment.
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), and contribute to the strategic direction of ERGs in alignment with D&I strategies.
- Contribute to and manage the overall D&I communication strategy, including website content, social media strategies, intranet articles, external speaking engagements, etc., in partnership with Shared Services functions (HR, Senior Leaders) to promote visibility of Stericycle’s diversity initiatives.
- Work with HR and other major cross-functional departments/stakeholders to ensure alignment of Diversity & Inclusion initiatives and engagement with business strategies.
- Analyze current D&I metrics and use research to identify challenges and opportunities for D&I initiatives in Stericycle.
- Develop metrics to track and analyze D&I initiatives on retention and engagement of underrepresented groups. Provide accountability for progress of plan implementation and coordinate all activities to achieve plan. Identify and escalate any risks to plan.
- Identify and build relationships with external partners and thought leaders that can support our diversity and inclusion strategies. Maintain knowledge of innovative trends in Diversity & Inclusion, engagement, change management practices and management & leadership approaches
3-5 years D&I experience or L&D experience with a D&I focus.
Experience with diversity and inclusion strategy development and implementation is required.
Self-driven and persistent; able to achieve lofty goals with minimal oversight
Proven ability to collaborate across teams and with senior leadership to generate results.
Experience in project management including an ability to manage to budget, navigate deadlines, partner with multiple stakeholders, and develop communication timelines.
Ability to produce high-quality deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
Experience partnering with external vendors to develop initiatives that will support our D&I goals.
Demonstrated skill in learning and development, project management, integrating D&I into systems and processes.
Excellent written and verbal communication, with ability to adapt to various audiences, with an understanding of how to operate within a large, complex organization.
Comfortable with PowerPoint and Excel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.