The Director of Internal Controls is responsible for developing a companywide strategic and tactical plan for internal control functions. The Director will be responsible for the team managing, developing, directing, communicating, and analyzing internal controls to ensure appropriateness and accuracy. The Director will also be responsible for the team developing training materials, policies and procedures, and direction of controls for financial improvement of operations and financial reporting.
Key Job Activities:
- Design and Implement an Internal Controls CoE that will be part of the Controllership Organization with the following charter:
- Dedicate appropriate resources to managing and remediating existing deficiencies to establish control in the current environment and play an instrumental advisory role in designing controls in the future state in connection with the Company’s Business Transformation (Project Monarch ERP and EPM implementations)
- Fully Remediate Material Weaknesses
- Provide Leadership Oversight for the identification and remediation of all deficiencies: Material Weaknesses, Significant Deficiencies, and Control Deficiencies
- Oversee the Execution of the Self-Testing program in the current environment and evolve the program to a reliance model inclusive of Continuous Control Monitoring
- Oversee the Controls Certification process, move from a passive validation to an in-depth review and redesign of controls where required
- Govern the relationship between the Controllership Organization and other key stakeholders, External Audit (EY), Internal Audit, IT, Project Monarch Implementation Team, Legal, Operations, etc.
- Partner with the Business through Legal entity reviews or a similar mechanism to create an “early warning” system for the identification and monitoring of control breakdowns, weaknesses, stress points, and other risks to the business
- Establish Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Steering Committee
- Design and Oversee the SOX Risk Assessment inclusive of the annual scoping for SOX Certification purposes
- Adapt the Risk Assessment, if required, to incorporate significant acquisitions into the SOX scope
- Provide Direction and Leadership for the SOX testing
- Provide Direction and Leadership to get the number of key controls and deficiencies within industry benchmarks, including rationalizing controls and differentiating between SOX Key controls and other non-SOX controls
- Strengthen the Controls Environment to the point that Controls are embedded in the mindset of the business
- Review the control set to identify the key controls that are fundamental to the business and reduce the reliance on simple “check the box” controls
- Consult with the business on Control Related matters and initiatives
- Partner with Business Transformation Team to design and implement the Future State environment with a strong emphasis on controls and the push toward a higher level of automation (automated preventative controls versus manual detective controls).
- Collaborate with Legal and Internal Audit to Design, Implement, and Govern the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program
- Partner with the Business and Finance Leadership to create, implement, communicate, and monitor Finance Policies compliance
- Plan for evolution to a Reliance model from the External Auditors, Controls documentation and test results to reduce their required Controls testing adding efficiencies to the business and external team in addition to allowing Management to identify and remediate findings first
- Advance a Talent Development Program supportive of exceptional Internal Control Over Financial Reporting
Education equivalent to BA, BS Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required. Recent Big 4 experience (within last two years) at a Manager or Senior Manager role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.