We are currently seeking a Lead Warehouse Worker to coordinate dock activities and as time allows, helps dock operation and housekeeping. This position will have input on the receipt and shipment of all materials including supplies as it pertains to the warehouse (location, storage, etc.) and will have regular contact with the internal logistics team and external freight carriers as they enter our facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and direct the daily activity of all the forklift drivers.
- Help coordinate all outbound and inbound loads as needed.
- Answer receiving door and coordinate / direct transporter on dock door for unload, chock trailers, verifies seal numbers on trailers, completes paperwork (witness sign, wise number attached, etc), release transporter when unloading or loading is completed.
- Relay issues to logistics team with regard to any unscheduled deliveries.
- Inform logistic team when loads are ready to ship or when loads arrive.
- As time allows, assist with other dock operations and housekeeping.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, demonstrating the ability to understand and follow established safety measures.
- One year plant/warehouse experience preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate equipment (forktrucks/forklifts) and technical ability to operate a hand cart/2 wheel dolly and pallet jack.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications, including OMS and shipping software.
- Demonstrates the ability to observe safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Must be able to exert in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently to lift, push or pull objects.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions.
- Activities occur inside and outside, therefore must be able to tolerate extreme heat and cold.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.