We are seeking a Transportation Supervisor to oversee the transportation department of the assigned geography; providing leadership within the location(s) as assigned. Acts as the liaison between customer, operations, CSRs, and the support team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate inventories are maintained at all times.
• Manage scheduling for routes, lab pack chemists and onsite service programs personnel to ensure all scheduled customers will be serviced by end of day. Redirect manpower and resources as required, in order to service customers on routes that may have operational difficulties (i.e., vehicle breakdown, vehicle accident, or completely full truck).
• Manage driver and Lab Pack Chemist debrief process for every route/Job. Ensure there is documentation (manifest, PDT receipt, etc) for every customer transaction. Update route comments as required.
• Maintain a high standard of customer service as measured by key metrics (on-time, no missed stops, loyalty, etc).
• Manage open order report to resolve service issues.
• Manage the SAP cancellation process for customers cancelling contracts before the stated CSA end date. • Develop relationships with customers and establish contacts that are comfortable providing accurate service feedback.
• Conduct customer visits to review service.
• Manage customer interaction records to resolve service issues.
• Monitor operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
• Monitor department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
• Review payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and all employees are working efficiently.
• Manage route vehicles, containers, load bars and straps, hand-trucks, PDT’s and printers, and all other company equipment and assets.
• Monitor routes to improve route efficiency. Team Member Development:
• Select, train, and develop an effective and efficient staff: Make every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop a qualified, diverse workforce.
• Establish and communicate performance standards and objectives; conduct performance appraisals.
• Recommend salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
• Coach employees on educational and job opportunities, to enhance career development and keep them informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and the company by conducting team meetings.
• Perform “ride a-longs”, ensuring CSRs operate and work safely, efficiently, productively, and deliver a high level of customer service.
• Support Lab Pack and Site Service Program personnel by accompanying team members for jobs/projects that require more personnel than on staff. This may include an occasional overnight assignment.
• Conduct “spot checks” to re-enforce proper CSR behavior as well as communicate the value we bring to the customer.
• Perform pre-employment screening activities, new CSR orientation, reviews of CSRs and monthly safety meetings. • Complete daily yard walk
• Track and input DOT hours/JJ Keller.
• Administer Company policies and procedures, communicate to staff, interpret, as necessary, and ensure compliance and safety.
• Monitor and ensure that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
• Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings (i.e. monthly Safety, Committee, tailgate meetings).
• Oversee and participate in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all CSRs and equipment. Ensure DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
• Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in the sciences or the equivalent in related work experience.
• Two or more years of Lab Pack Experience required. Have the experience to train this ability.
• Demonstrates a general knowledge of EPA and DOT Regulations as it relates to waste characterization and the transportation of hazardous waste. Some understanding of handling DEA controls is a plus.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and push/ or pull carts weighing up to 500 pounds.
• Two or more years of Transportation/Logistic experience required, demonstrating the ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
• Commercial Vehicle Driving experience preferred, Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must be willing to get qualified to operate a commercial motor vehicle rated at 26,001 pounds or greater (CDL B).
• Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle/Shred-it. • Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle. • Demonstrates knowledge of, DOT, OSHA, HIPAA, and NAID.
• Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing. Master the English language both verbal and written.
• Demonstrates knowledge of inventory management and routing and re-routing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.