The Lead Shredding Specialist is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Lead Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Lead Shredding Specialist must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment as a leader and an expert in their field.
• Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch nightly.
• Operates and maintains all machinery at the branch.
• Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
• Performs shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
• Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
• Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
• Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards.
• Ensures that truck shredding compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with com-pany guidelines.
• Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment.
• Maintains supplies for plant operations.
• Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred.
• Basic knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance.
• Six (6) months as a certified forklift driver preferred.
• Class B commercial driver’s license is required.
• Oral Communication
o Effectively expresses self in one-on-one and group situations and presentations.
o Demonstrates attentiveness and the ability to understand the oral communications of others through active listening skills.
o Maintain personal appearance and company vehicle in a professional manner.
o Create a good first impression.
o Self-starter who exhibits initiative and internal motivation to achieve goals, including those be-yond standard expectations.
o Must be able to work independently, think before acting and make sound judgments.
• Stress Management
o Handle all situations (e.g., time pressure, deadlines, task difficulty, etc.) with dignity and poise.
o Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms.
• Attention to Detail
o Achieve tasks and objectives through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
o Attends all Shred-it training courses as required.
o Commits to ongoing personal development. Interpersonal Skills
o Ability to work well in a team environment; always willing to assist other partners.
o Can absolutely be counted on to meet deadlines, carry out tasks, and keep commitments.
o Portray an approachable image, act in a friendly manner with people and put them at ease.
o Develop alternative courses of action and make decisions which are based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual information,
o Decisions must be in the best interest of the customer and Shred-it.
o Accept personal responsibility for all actions related to decision-making and personal judgment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.