This position is responsible to provide strategic and best-in-class procurement support to the IT organization, including development and implementation of sourcing strategies; management of sourcing processes; leveraging third party procurement relationships to manage workflow and achieve cost savings objectives; and contract administration.
- Manage sourcing process for strategic IT projects, including acquisition and management of software licensing, software implementation & integration projects, and IT infrastructure projects such as network services, IT security services, and cloud solutions.
- Provide industry trend information to IT and business units with respect to sourcing practices and contracting models.
- Provide stakeholders with tools and best practices to use in evaluating and managing current and potential suppliers.
- Manage our web site certificates and domain registrations.
- Work with business and IT project managers to define business requirements, including supplier performance management.
- Drive sourcing strategies with key business stakeholders. Develop sourcing strategies that support and comply with Stericycle objectives related to cost savings, supplier diversity, and global social and environmental standards.
- Identify & qualify potential suppliers. Perform ongoing evaluation of vendor performance including the establishment and measurement of service level agreements (SLA) with vendors.
- Proactively study the fiscal calendar for all our vendors and maintain a predictive financial budget for future years.
- Engage and collaborate with our Finance Department to minimize / eliminate budgetary surprises.
- Oversee day to day contract administration & management efforts including routine contract change orders such as contract expirations, dispute resolution, minor scope changes, and supplier performance.
- Contract administration responsibilities also include negotiation of major contract change orders and contract dispute resolution. Include Legal to facilitate process.
- Create and issue RFxs - requests for Information (RFI), requests for Proposal (RFP) and /or requests for Quote (RFQ), using e-sourcing tools to solicit supplier proposals to lead sourcing efforts within cross-functional teams through to entire sourcing process, including final contracting phase
- Align process and procedure where applicable with our business/operational strategic sourcing department Research and analyze spend data to quantify business decisions and identify opportunities.
- Evaluate business opportunities to maximize cost savings and to ensure the best service, quality, supplier capability, and conformance to Stericycle corporate standards and policies.
- Create multi-million dollar recommendations for review and approval by stakeholder department leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement through category management.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Operations Management or Supply Chain Management, with additional courses or training in Sourcing and Procure-ment or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Five or more years of hands on / supervisory experience in IT Procurement, managing complex IT acquisitions and negotiating IT contracts.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams through a defined sourcing process.
- Demonstrated capability in working in a multi-function team environment, including effective influence management, advanced negotiation skills and effective dispute resolution skills.
- In depth understanding of IT industry trends in contracting and supplier management practices.
- Strong sourcing skills and experience is required.
- Experience with e-sourcing tools is desired.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of MS Office tools required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.