The Manager, Strategic Sourcing will lead and execute Global Sourcing and Procurement efforts within a defined set of categories (including HR, Marketing & Travel) covering anywhere from $100 - $200 million in annual spend. The Manager will focus on the creation and maintenance of category strategies, along with execution through strategic sourcing (e.g. supply market analysis, total cost of ownership analysis, RFP’s, competitive negotiations, contracting) to significantly reduce Stericycle costs. The primary goal will be to achieve year-over-year reductions in total costs of goods and services, while maintaining or improving supplier quality and service levels. The position will report to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
Key Job Activities:
1. Drive year over year, quantifiable savings for the company while maintaining comparable levels of supplier service and quality: The Manager, Strategic Sourcing will serve as the primary champion for cost savings within their assigned categories across all business units of Stericycle. This individual will support strategy development for their categories, drive the development of annual strategic sourcing plans, and communicate progress to senior leaders within procurement and the company as a whole.
2. Own the development and execution of strategies through the strategic sourcing process: The Manager, Strategic Sourcing will serve as the primary process leader for assigned categories within the procurement function. Relationship management with senior leaders to ensure buy in is required. In addition to supporting the development of sourcing strategies, this individual will be expected to execute on them as well, including leadership and ownership of RFPs, contract negotiations, etc.
3. Measure and track internal performance: The Global Sourcing and Procurement team will be responsible for savings tracking and methodology across all categories. The Manager, Strategic Sourcing will roll up all metrics for their assigned categories on a regular basis.
4. Drive innovative policy and process: This individual will be responsible for positioning Stericycle’s procurement function as a trusted advisor within the company. All procurement policy, process, and tools must be continually evaluated to ensure the team operates in a world class manner.
5. Additional work as requested.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Business Administration, Operations Management or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certification preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of Procurement experience required.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint with working knowledge of Project.
- Experience with Coupa a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.