We are currently seeking a Facility Manager to be responsible for the overall operational and financial results of one or several locations within a region. In conjunction with the Sales, Customer Service, Accounting and Safety, and Environmental groups, ensure that all regulatory compliance and safety issues are addressed and are within compliance. Ensure that the locations meet or exceeds its goals as it pertains to regulatory compliance, revenue growth, budget, profit growth, account retention, safety and continuous improvement. Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff:
• Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce.
• Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
• Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
• Administers and communicates all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety.
• Monitors department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity. Ensure that operational and customer related functions are completed timely, accurate and sufficient to meet standards. Meet with the key team members regularly to discuss and analyze reports with the goal of improving productivity and service. Identify inconsistencies and develop action plans consistent with Stericycle’s Customer 1st vision. Ensure continual improvement of productivity standards and team member safety performance in all phases of the operation in order to achieve all financial/budgetary goals. Initiate actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions and practices. Review, analyze, approve, and/or submit the following:
• Payroll registers-Ensure all overtime hours are necessary and all team members are working efficiently.
• A/P batches and expense reports – Monitor expenses and account for unexpected changes.
• Manage capital expense projects.
• Monthly expense reporting (FRX).
• Monthly revenue/volume reports.
• New Team Member offers and paperwork. Review and work with sites and site managers in the development and review of information and informational reporting. Coordinate locations cost savings by utilizing Continuous Improvement Practices. Ensure delivery of services through transportation, plant and customer service functions to enhance customer loyalty.
• Address issues that arise through customer feedback processes (eg.customer surveys) Ensure all locations are following all DOT regulations, including VCR (Vehicle Condition Report) review and filing, and maintenance of HOS (Hours of Service) Logs, minimizing the number of excess hour violations. Performs other related duties and/or project work as required or requested.
Education & Experience: Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in related work experience. BS in management or Environmental related field preferred, or related equivalent in related work experience. Five or more years of progressive management experience in the healthcare waste industry preferred, or the equivalent in a logistics or transportation/manufacturing or plant operations environment, demonstrating the ability to manage people in a manufacturing and/or transportation environment. Demonstrates the ability to provide safe and regulatory compliant work conditions for all team members. Bilingual in Spanish, strongly preferred and may be required in some geographic locations. Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to stay abreast of applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of responsibility. Demonstrates the ability to manage within an established budget as well as strong knowledge of budgetary processes, P&L statements, asset management, and project management. Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be able to input, monitor and manipulate data within these applications. Demonstrates a general understanding and knowledge of electrical distribution, steam generation, hydraulics, material handling concepts, and other general mechanical equipment.