Provide oversight of the overall operating efficiency of all fields and plant operation and other waste man-agement processes at service centers. Drive and ensures that all locations meets or exceeds all environmental health and safety, regulatory compliance, production, financial, and continuous improvement waste management goals.
Key Job Activities
1) Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff:
• Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce.
• Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
• Counsels and coaches employees on educational and job opportunities in order to enhance career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, procedural/operational changes, and new developments in the department and Company by conducting periodic meetings.
• Administers and communicates all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, in-terprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety.
• Develops subordinate managers and/or supervisors, particularly in the management techniques of planning, organizing, leading and controlling through continue coaching and feedback on performance, and conduct performance appraisals.
• Promotes Safety and Security initiatives across the entire team. Ensures stringent adherence to Safety and Security protocols and takes steps to identify opportunities for continuous improve-ment in these areas.
• Ensurescompliance with program requirements and customer satisfaction in accordance with company policies, practices and procedures.
• Supports sales department in the implementation of new accounts, presentation of services, re-sponse to inquiries and technical information.
2) Plans, directs, implements, and ensures all waste processing functions are completed timely, accurate and sufficient to meet standards. Meets with TSDF (treatment, storage, disposal and facility) and Service Center Waste Processing teams regularly to discuss and analyze reports, with the goal of improving productivity and service. Identifies inconsistencies and develop action plans to correct recurring problems. Monitors work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity. Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives.
3) Implements and communicates continual improvement of productivity standards and team member safety performance in all phases of the operation in order to achieve all financial/budgetary goals. Initiate actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions and practices.
4) Directs, manages, analyzes and approves all activities related to the following:
• Payroll registers-Ensure all overtime hours are necessary and all team members are working efficiently.
• A/P batches and expense reports – Monitor expenses and account for unexpected changes.
• Capital expense requests.
• Monthly expense reporting (FRX).
• Monthly revenue/volume reports.
• Weekly TSDF update slides
• Weekly and Monthly Production summaries.
• New Team Member offers and paperwork.
5) Develops improvement, comprehensive and sustainable plans aligned with the regional strategy for growth.
6) Visits each TSDF and processing Service Center in the region on a monthly or quarterly basis to provide direct management oversight for each location.
7) Builds solid working relationships with sales, customer service, transportation, field service, and finance teams.
8) Performs other related duties and/or project work as required or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related work experience. BS in an Environmental related field preferred, or related equivalent in related work experience.
• Ten or more years of progressive environmental/hazardous waste management experience in an operations capacity, demonstrating the ability to manage people in a TSDF or waste management or processing environment.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide safe and regulatory compliant work conditions for all employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to stay abreast of applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of responsibility.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage within an established budget as well as strong knowledge of budgetary processes, P&L statements, asset management, and project management.
• Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be able to input, monitor and manipulate data within these applications.
• Demonstrates a general understanding and knowledge of electrical distribution, steam generation, hydraulics, material handling concepts, and other general mechanical equipment.