The IT Vendor Management Analyst will manage and support all enterprise wide IT vendors and contracts. This position will be the subject matter expert on IT contracts and will be required to understand the contract agreements, IT business requirements and execute to minimize risk to the business. The role will also be responsible for the vendor life-cycle by creating a process for on-boarding and off-boarding of IT vendors and track vendor performance and contract compliance. This role will maintain and foster positive vendor relationships and closely partner with enterprise wide IT teams, procurement and legal and ensure that all IT requirements are memorialized into the agreement from inception. The VM Analyst will be pro-active, detail oriented and support the VMO development and implementation to provide vendor services to the Stericycle business community.
Key Position Activities: List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order.
• Vendor Governance: Define and/or support best practices for creation of, build out, and on- going management of a global vendor portfolio which include; contracts, contacts, renewals, inventory, spend and vendor performance.
• Vendor Relationship Building: Build strong relationships with vendors to establish business requirements and ensure alignment with the IT Organization’s long-range strategic objectives.
• Vendor Contract Review and Negotiation: Partner with IT Teams, Procurement and Legal to review compliance, assess risk, negotiate business terms with vendors, and maximize price efficiencies. A strong working knowledge of legal, privacy/security, and technical business requirements (i.e. SLAs and SLOs) to be able to redline contracts and provide recommendations.
• Vendor Management Process & Policies: Participate and support the implementation of internal processes and policies with adequate controls around IT vendor life-cycle.
• Vendor Selection Process: In collaboration with IT Leadership, evaluate, vet, and actively participate in vendor selection and the RFP process.
• Vendor Performance Management: Responsible for managing service agreements across software, hardware, telecommunications and other IT Services. Ensure all vendor relationships have metrics to evaluate performance, and ensure adherence to SLAs through surveys and scorecards.
• Vendor Management Technology: Maintain current on industry knowledge of Vendor Performance Management, eProcurement and Contract Management software.
QUALIFICATIONS: • A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, Procurement, Law or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
• Proficient at managing vendor or client relationships across a technology service delivery environment • Demonstrated experience and knowledge of IT Organizations in areas such as procurement, contract manage- ment, risk management or service delivery.
• Proven experience influencing and negotiating between internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong leadership skills, particularly in the area of influencing without direct authority.
• Creative thought process that produces innovative solutions to problems in a decentralize organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical contractual aspects to senior leaders within and external to the IT Organization.
• Proven understanding of IT business needs and knowledge of IT industry standard best practices.
• Demonstrated experience leading, reviewing and negotiating contracts for senior position.
EXPERIENCE: Experience with a matrix organization. Must be able to multi-task and be a proactive self-starter with high attention to detail and follow through. Must be able to foster strong partnerships through knowledge sharing, being a team player, collaboration and high-level of customer service.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Acrobat, Docusign, eProcurement, Vendor Management Modules and/or Systems such as ServiceNow or EOS Software.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Must be thorough and detail oriented.
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Experience working with cross-functional and matrixed teams
TRAVEL: Some travel may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.