We are currently seeking a Transportation Logistics Router to be responsible for utilizing dynamic routing tools to develop route plans and daily maintenance of routing data. Routing plans should align to True North (Customer 1st, Growth and Productivity, Employee Development, and Safety). The Transportation Logistics Router supports the Logistics Center Manager to drive productivity and efficiency within a region. Works closely with Transportation Supervisors and local dispatchers on route execution and enhancements to future route plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains CUSTOMER 1ST CULTURE throughout entire Transportation Department.
• Ensures service team provides highest standard of customer service and positively impacting customer service through efficient routing.
• Works proactively with transportation Team Members, as well as all other functional operations (Plant, Sharps Management, Shredding, Specialty Waste, etc.) to meet all customers’ expectations.
• Maintains optimum utilization of resources including, but not limited to, methods, procedures, structure, equipment, and personnel.
• Monitors route and work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends changes to continually improve productivity and routing efficiency.
Works closely with the Logistics Center Manager on implementation of recommended changes.
• Communicate driver performance compared to goal on a regular basis.
• Ensure accurate data for new customers. Review post route performance and make adjustments to service time, time windows, and geo-
Team Member Development:
• Communicates performance standards and objectives;
• Monitors operations and work of all route Team Members.
• Keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional,
organized, and participative meetings.
• Ensures compliance with all Federal, State, Local regulations and Company policies and procedures, communicates issues and updates to
• Monitors and ensures that Team Members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations to prevent
accidents or Hours of Service issues.
This position requires some travel during the first 3 months to:
· Learn about the business
· Build the relationship with key stakeholders that they would support
· Learn about the routing methodology in local markets to build credibility