We are currently seeking a Regional Operations Manager to be responsible for the overall profitability of Regional Hazardous Waste Business (the “business”) including sales and operations. Ensure that the business meets or exceeds its goals as it pertains to regulatory compliance, revenue growth, profit growth, account retention, safety improvement. Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Ensure that the sales, transportation, operations, R/X installations and customer related functions are completed timely, accurate and sufficient to meet standards. Develop sales plans to meet budgeted revenue growth. Meet with the Transportation/Operations group(s) regularly to discuss and analyze reports with the goal of improving productivity and service. Identify inconsistencies and develop action plans to correct reoccurring problems. Ensure all manifests are logged into facility waste logs and associated billing documents are forwarded in a timely manner. Oversee all incoming and outgoing waste shipments in compliance with all regulations, which include but are not limited to proper segregation of incompatible material in transit, storage limitations at 10-permitted facilities, fire code compliance, compliance with internal policy limitations related to VSQG, HHW and CESQG storage and accumulation. Ensure continual improvement of productivity standards and team member safety performance in all phases of the operation in order to achieve all financial/budgetary goals. Initiate actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions and practices.
Trains production and maintenance team members, as required. Review, analyze, approve, and/or submit the following:
• Payroll registers-Ensure all overtime hours are necessary and all team members are working efficiently.
• A/P batches and expense reports – Monitor expenses and account for unexpected changes.
• Transportation group daily balances – review inconsistencies in volumes, missed and rescheduled pick-ups.
• Capital expense requests.
• Monthly expense reporting (FRX).
• Monthly revenue/volume reports.
• New Team Member offers and paperwork. Review and work with sites and R/X manager in the development and review of all R/X installations and trainings. Ensures all scheduled and routed customer stops are accomplished as follows:
• Ensure that customer profile information is entered timely, accurately and is always up-to-date. Ensure initial set up is established promptly and accurately to include delivery / pickup dates, per customer requests.
• Regulatory paperwork is complete and filed according to policy. Including waste profiles, analytical results, MSDS information, generator knowledge and waste process information required to assure the end facilities are receiving conforming waste.
• Vehicle maintenance schedules are correct.
• Ancillary inventories and documentation is maintained and forwarded to the billing department, as scheduled.
• Regularly train managers to include the implementation of any new federal, state, or local regulatory requirements.
• Oversees and responds to any and all issues relating to customer relations, regulatory compliance, manager training and evaluation, maximization of equipment, manager productivity, budgetary compliance and regional profitability.
Oversee the set up and maintenance of DOT files and coordinates shuttle/off load trailer/transfer station activity. Ensure all locations are following all DOT regulations, including VCR (Vehicle Condition Report) review and filing, and maintenance of HOS (Hours of Service) Logs, minimizing the number of excess hour violations. Manage relationship with disposal facilities.
Work with the regulatory compliance team to assure the facilities are approved and maintain good standing with Stericycle’s approval process. Work with Hazardous Waste Vice President to negotiated regional and national pricing.
Education & Experience:
Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent in related work experience. BS in an Environmental or Hazardous Waste related field preferred, or related equivalent in related work experience. Seven or more years of progressive hazardous waste experience in an operations capacity, demonstrating the ability to manage people in a field service and/or transportation environment.
Demonstrates the ability to provide safe and regulatory compliant work conditions for all employees. Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to stay abreast of applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of responsibility. Demonstrates the ability to manage within an established budget as well as strong knowledge of budgetary processes, P&L statements, asset management, and project management.
Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be able to input, monitor and manipulate data within these applications. Two or more years experience with Stericycle’s Change Management, systems deployments and software development lifecycle projects is required.