Under general direction, this position will be responsible for timely and accurate month-end execution of the Financial Statement Closing Process (FSCP) which includes the monthly closing and reporting of the books and records, related account reconciliations, cost accruals, analysis of financial statement variances to forecast and budget and general compliance with US GAAP and Stericycle Accounting Policies (SAPs). This position will be responsible for RTR process related to all of ESol’s approximately 45 locations nationally.
Key Position Activities:
1. Coordinates the compilation of all critical inputs into the RtR process from each of the locations assigned to this position ensuring that all information provided by the entity (IPE) has adequately designed source data, parameters and report logic controls and that those controls are effectively operating.
2. Maintains all account reconciliations assigned to him/her. Tracks the status of open reconciling items and follow up with them in an engaging and collaborative manner with cross-functional involvement making sure they are resolved in the time prescribed by the SAPs.
3. Ascertains that all FSCP standard work assigned to him/her is capable, executed as planned, and notes any opportunities for continuous improvement.
4. Prepares and maintains management reporting utilizing the BI 360 web-based client interface. Makes changes as required to meet the changing needs of users in the field.
5. Leads the coordination effort of compiling the quarterly disclosure schedules due to corporate in support of the monthly submission of results for consolidation as well as quarterly and annual filings. Ensures that all IPE has source, parameters and report logic controls that are adequately designed and effectively operating. May also be responsible for coordinating and compiling certain aspects of the information provided to external auditors.
6. Acts as main point of contact for location leadership to provide finance and accouting support. May prepare ad-hoc analyses and financial information as needed. Assists with preparation of CapEx requests.
7. Ensures the adherance with all applicable US GAAP guidance and internal Stericycle Accounting Policies (SAP) and related control standards.
8. Identifies and remediates internal control deficiencies in the areas/processes assigned.
9. Prepares and posts monthly journal entries with adequate support. Performs analyses on accounts assigned.
10. Acts as a peer reviewer of the work output of another Senior Accountant or Staff Accountant in lieu of the Accounting Manager only by express delegation by him/her in connection of the development of capable standard work.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting, demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, Audit processes (internal / external) month-end closing process, general ledger accounts, and financial statement formats
• At least 4 years of public accounting experience in audit or at least 5 years experience in general accounting with at least 2 of those years having had exposure to external audit.
• Prior experience mining large amounts of data
• Prior SAP experience
Working knowledge of continuous improvement philosophies (Lean/Six Sigma) in a practical work setting
Prior experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Prior experience designing IPE controls and MRC activities
Timeliness of Delivery of Output – Timely delivery of work output in terms of schedules, deadlines, goals and targets without regard to other factors like quality and resourcefulness.
Quality of Work Output – Demonstrates the ability to produce work that is always among the best, it is error-free the first time with little waste or redone work.
Quantity of Work Output – Demonstrates the ability to produce amazing amounts of work. No matter how high the production or output goals are ser, more is produced than expected in all areas. Almost always number one in productivity. Defines hard work for the rest.
Problem-solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult proglem with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Productive Work Habits – The ability to develop an overall work style that is effective and productive in terms of time management, setting objectives and priorities, and following up on commitments across a variety of work challenges.
Comfort Around Higher Management – Skilled at dealing comfortably with more senior managers. Ability to present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness. Understands how senior managers think and work. Can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs. Can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.