We are currently looking for a VP of FP&A to join our Corporate office based in Lake Forest, IL. Responsible for driving best practices and strategic oversight of Stericycle’s global financial planning and analysis processes and procedures. This position sits at the intersection of the Executive Leadership Team and the Business Unit Leadership in order to provide key financial and business insights to current and future financial performance to drive appropriate capital allocation strategies for the business.
Key Job Activities:
1) Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff within Corporate FP&A Department providing coaching and feedback on performance.
2) Establishes framework for FP&A COE to drive towards monthly standard processes and procedures to facilitate the standardization and governance of the planning, analysis, and reporting throughout the organization
3) Derive and oversee the Global Capital Allocation Strategy in conjunction with Executive Leadership Team and the VP of Treasury
4) Drive and oversee the development of the standardization, best practices, and governance surrounding the processes and procedures of the monthly/quarterly/annual planning process to ensure the integration of financial planning with business planning
5) Facilitate ad-hoc financial reporting and/or analysis requests from Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors
6) Manage the development of metrics to provide visibility to the adherence to the planning processes and procedures in order to drive improvement over time
7) Oversee and manage cross-functional projects to drive simplification throughout the organization and to improve rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability.
8) Drive Enterprise Performance Management best practices and strict governance within the organization by standardizing financial reporting, KPI’s, metrics, and measures.
9) Interact with Stericycle Internal Controls and Internal Audit team to develop effective controls surrounding the forecast and planning process and drive adherence to these controls on a consistent basis
10) Provide Guidance and Oversight to the Global Business Process Owner within the Business Transformation Office in order to drive towards the future state target operating model for Plan to Perform Mega Process
11) Lead the analytics and reporting surrounding the Quarterly Earnings Preparation in conjunction with the VP of Corporate Communications and Executive Team
12) Interact with External Analysts, Shareholders and potential investors in order to drive consistency and guidance in the external modeling of the Stericycle business and provide guidance as needed internally to Investor Relations and Executive Team on complex business modeling issues
13) Explore new technologies and resources in forecasting and analytics in order properly understand the risks inherent in our planning processes, procedures and forecasting methods.
14) Coordinate with our Corporate Accounting and Controllership Office in order to develop new policies within accounting and finance as well drive to best practices in the coordination of monthly activities for analysis and review
16) Act as liaison with our Business Transformation Office in all areas where input is needed from a financial perspective in order to drive towards project completion within scope and financial performance criteria for both savings and cost initiatives
Education equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of ten to fifteen years of increasingly responsible financial work experience. MBA and CPA a plus.
Ten or more years of project management and financial analysis experience, demonstrating knowledge of budgetary and revenue analysis.
Seven or more years leading and managing a finance team within large, complex, multi-national organization
Demonstrates the ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
Exposure to Continuous Process Improvement programs (Lean, Six Sigma) is a plus.
Prior experience working in SAP/BPC, Hyperion or other Global Planning Solution preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.