The SAP Solutions Architect provides leadership and functional and technical support for various business units utilizing the SAP platform and other financial systems. In support of the SAP Financial platform Solution Architect (FI) supports Finance, Tax, Reporting areas and systems through the planning, design and implementation of existing and new business functionalities. In addition, this role will establish standards and requirements to evaluate and direct enhancements and implement solutions related to SAP FICO, Tax (Sales & Use Tax, VAT, Statutory Reporting, Income Tax Provision, Tax Compliance), FSCM areas across enterprise-wide Stericycle.
Designs and develops SAP FICO requirements and specifications to ensure systems and solutions are meeting corporate needs linking with SAP Best Practice solutions, compliance and accounting principles. Supports SAP FICO & Tax area and accountable for projects, enhancements, development, configuration, documentation, testing, training, go-live and on-going support within SAP FICO, Tax, FSCM areas according to Best Practices and supporting c
Key Position Activities:
1) Leads, participates or coordinates end-to-end execution of FICO & Tax solutions, related projects and technology implementations. Introduces best practice and process improvement ideas.
2) Provides subject matter expert solutions and hands on management of configuration.
3) Defines systems strategy, develops systems requirements, designs and prototypes, testing and training. Defines support procedures.
4) Provides process expertise and solutions in FICO, FSCM, Tax areas and integration with other SAP Modules and non-SAP tools
5) Understands business processes, accounting principles, systems configuration, enhancements and data or enables related processes.
6) Works with business counterparts on delivering solutions based on Best Practices, business processes, SAP and Tax expertise. Analyzes business requirements and translates them into design.
7) Leads multiple design activities, from requirement analysis to systems, application and process design specifications, implementation and support.
8) Provides expertise for the estimation and financial analysis of projects.
9) Creates documentation for various stages of planning, design, implementation and support of SAP FICO & Tax services
10) Participates in weekly team meetings and internal initiatives to review outstanding issues and/or to discuss new trends or projects
11) Manages and completes complex assignment and related projects
12) Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of SAP FICO & Tax to IT and business stakeholders.
13) Performs other related duties as required or requested
ompany business strategy and roadmap.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
A Bachelor’s Degree is required in the area of specialty (Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Information Technology. MBA or CPA a plus). Goals are generally communicated in "solution" or project goal terms.
• SAP Certification is a plus
• At least 7 years of SAP FICO, Tax with progressive responsibility and influence.
• At least 4 full cycles SAP implementation projects with hand-on project experience designing, testing and implementing FICO & Tax solutions
• Knowledge of Sales & Use Tax, VAT, Statutory Reporting, Income Tax Provision, Tax Compliance
• Knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, Statutory reporting
• Knowledge of North America, EMEA, LATAM localization
• Experience working with Tax, 3rd party Tax software tools
• Experienced working on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
SAP FICO & Tax Solution Architect JD specifics:
• Broad technology knowledge of major applications, middleware and platforms
• Broad understanding of business processes and solutions
• Understanding of integration points of FI and Tax with SD/MM/PP and other modules
• Process background in SAP FICO, FSCM, Consolidations and Tax ( Sales & Use Tax, VAT, Statutory Reporting)
• Demonstrated experience in setting and influencing company-wide strategic direction.
• Demonstrated experience in the development of SAP FICO and Tax solutions for business programs/projects
• Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of SAP FICO solutions and best practices to IT and busi-ness stakeholders.
• Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to effectively operate with VP and above ex-ecutives.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
• Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones.
• Motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on interesting projects.
• Demonstrated ability to execute financial analysis
• Technically competent; able to supervise and inspire other team members.
• Travel may be required.