Working as a key member of the PR, Media & Social Team within the SCS Marketing department, this role will be responsible for shaping and implementing a successful content strategy that supports brand reputation and lead generation for Shred-it. The Manager, Content will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team by planning, designing, implementing and evaluating effective Shred-it content and will be accountable for carrying out tactics, consistent with the company’s strategic goals and priorities.
Key Job Activities:
Content Strategy & Development
• Lead projects to coordinate the creation, refresh or adaptation of new customer-facing branded marketing material such as white papers/ fact sheets/ infographics/ videos/ vlogs and others as required.
This would include:
• Working collaboratively with stakeholders to determine concepts and ideas for new material
• Determining if content requires adaptation, updating or brand new material
• Establishing topic, content framework and messaging
• Developing creative briefs, providing concise details of asset requirements
• Preparing project plan to ensure smooth execution
• Facilitating and leading the process from concept through to completion
• Manage a yearly, quarterly and monthly content calendar.
• Manage the master messaging and statistics document for the Shred-it brand.
• Ensure that Marketing assets align with the agreed-to brand position to ensure the value proposition reflects the brand strategy and adds value to the customer proposition.
• Manages content lifecycle workflow from creation through approvals, editing, publishing/ activation, measurement, curation and maintenance. • Serve as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity and consistency.
• Uncover and develop ways to scale content strategy in order to get the highest delivery out of each piece being created.
• Manage the distribution of content across all channels.
• Identify gaps and opportunities for growing the Shred-it brand.
• Keep up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitors.
• Foster an environment that supports innovation and breakthrough ideas; actively generates, seeks and takes advantage of ideas, best practices and solutions that add value.
• Collaborate with other internal teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency.
• Develop and maintain sound working relationships with vendors. Ensures projects are managed appropriately and funds are spent wisely. Drives process and efficiency improvements in all ongoing initiatives.
• Ensure high quality, timely roll out of content through effective collaboration.
• Prepares and delivers presentations to internal/external audiences as required.
Bachelor's or college degree in a marketing discipline or equivalent work experience.
4-6 years experience in a marketing role, preferably in a B2B services environment
Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to take complex topics and distill into unique, data-driven and actionable content.
Experience developing and managing editorial calendars and organization workflows.
Experience in integrating social media as part of an integrated content strategy
Budgetary experience, including the ability to track expenses against projections.
Experience working collaboratively to develop strategic plans and KPIs.
Experience using a Content Management System. Familiarity with Kapost and Kentico CMS an asset.
Experience managing and working with external agencies, consultants and vendors.
Proficient in program or project management with effective time and priority management skills; ability to work independently, and manage multiple projects.
Strong computer skills are required, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Strong attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgement and decision-making skills.
Possesses the ability to embrace change and actively look to enhance and improve current processes. (flexibility)
Works collaboratively – ability to work within existing organizational dynamics and share information effectively.
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop an asset.