The SAP Solutions Architect provides leadership and functional and technical support for various business units utilizing the SAP platform. In support of the SAP Financial platform, the SAP Revenue Accounting & Reporting (RAR) Solution Architect (FI) supports the SAP Revenue Accounting & Reporting (RAR), Revenue Recognition area and systems through the design and implemention of existing and new business functionalities. In addition, this role will establish standards and requirements to evaluate and direct enhancements and implement solutions related to SAP RAR, Revenue Recognition area across enterprise-wide Stericycle.
Designs and develops SAP RAR requirements and specifications to ensure systems and solutions are meeting corporate needs linking with SAP Best Practice solutions, compliance and accounting principles. Supports SAP RAR system and accountable for projects, enhancements, development, configuration, documentation, testing, training, go-live and on-going support within SAP RAR& FI area according to Best Practices and supporting company business strategy and roadmap.
Key Position Activities: Leads, participates or coordinates end-to-end execution of Revenue Recognition solutions, related projects and technology implementations. Introduces best practice and process improvement ideas.
Provides subject matter expert solutions and hands on management of configuration.
Defines systems strategy, develops systems requirements, designs and prototypes, testing and training. Defines support procedures.
Provides process expertise and solutions in Revenue Accounting, Revenue Recognition, SAP RAR area and integration with other SAP Modules and non-SAP tools
Understands business processes, accounting principles, systems configuration, enhancements and data or enables related processes.
Works with business counterparts on delivering solutions based on Best Practices, business processes, SAP and Revenue Accounting expertise. Analyzes business requirements and translates them into design.
Leads multiple design activities, from requirement analysis to systems, application and process design specifications, implementation and support.
Provides expertise for the estimation and financial analysis of projects.
Creates documentation for various stages of planning, design, implementation and support of SAP RAR services
Participates in weekly team meetings and internal initiatives to review outstanding issues and/or to discuss new trends or projects
Manages and completes complex assignment and related projects
Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of SAP RAR to IT and business stakeholders.
Performs other related duties as required or requested
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
A Bachelor’s Degree is required in the area of specialty (Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Information Technology. MBA or CPA a plus). Goals are generally communicated in "solution" or project goal terms.
• SAP Certification is a plus
• At least 7 years of SAP FICO & RAR experience with progressive responsibility and influence.
• At least 4 full cycles SAP implementation projects with hand-on project experience designing, testing and implementing FICO & RAR solutions
• Experience working with Revenue Recognition, Revenue Accounting, US GAAP, IFRS
• Experienced working on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
• Broad technology knowledge of major applications, middleware and platforms
• Broad understanding of business processes and solutions
• Understanding of integration points of FI with SD/MM/PP and other modules
• Process background in SAP FICO, Consolidations and Revenue Accounting
• Demonstrated experience in setting and influencing company-wide strategic direction.
• Demonstrated experience in the development of SAP FICO solutions for business programs/projects
• Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of SAP RAR solutions and best practices to IT and business stakeholders.
• Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to effectively operate with VP and above executives.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
• Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones.
• Motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on interesting projects.
• Demonstrated ability to execute financial analysis
• Technically competent; able to supervise and inspire other team members.
• Travel may be required.
Technical skills required:
• Experience in SAP ECC 6.0 and SAP RAR required
• Experience configuring, implementing and maintaining SAP FICO solutions, Consolidations & SAP RAR solution
• Experience working with Revenue Accounting, Revenue Recognition, US GAAP, IFRS
• Expertise in SAP FICO module with strong understanding of integration with other SAP ECC modules and 3rd party systems
Technical skills preferred:
• Experience in 3rd party software solutions
• Certification in SAP FICO module
• Experience in S/4 HANA
Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important:
Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner; ask appropriate questions in order to obtain infor-mation; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions. Present prepared information to individual and groups in a manner that is clear and concise.
Demonstrates the ability to gather and analyze facts and data, and draw correct inferences from the information; weighs alternatives and presents logical solutions to problems.
Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions after considering all facts, potential risks, customer needs, and alternative solutions when dealing with all types of issues.