This position will be responsible for implementing and managing the government contract administration program and will provide strategic direction and oversee all contracts programs and agreements in accordance with the company’s requirements, policy and procedures, and applicable laws.
This individual will be expected to:
- Manage relationships with in-house clients, including corporate executives and business and operating unit management, and participate in and/or support negotiations with customers and potential customers.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on SCA compliance principles, FAR clauses and GSA schedules administration and audits/assessments. Partners with HR, operations and other departments to ensure compliance with all government contract requirements.
- Negotiates, drafts and reviews contracts and subcontracts, including contract modifications, contract compliance, contract requirements, proposal preparation, and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs). Provides counsel to and advises business leaders in the development of contractual terms and conditions that align with the business requirements, statements of work, contractual rights and obligations, negotiations, risk identification and interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
- Advises management of subcontracting requirements, including identification and vetting of potential subcontractors; development, review, and negotiation of NDAs, teaming agreements, and subcontracting agreements; ongoing performance oversight and compliance verification, and subcontract agreement close-out and all subcontract reporting requirements (SAM, ORCA, eSRS, GSA, etc.)
- Stays current on relevant legal and regulatory changes to bring forward business opportunities and provide advice on and manage associated risk. Ensure and closely monitors contract performance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations, and ensures that cost and technical objectives are being met.
- Maintains oversight of cross-functional projects and initiatives and reports progress to VP and General Counsel. Reviews and resolves all issues impacting company compliance and ensures satisfaction of contractual requirements, company policies and customer objectives. Advises leadership of any contractual or performance difficulties and proposes appropriate course of action for resolution.
- Plan, direct, develop, manage activities of staff. Provide oversight of staff with the negotiation, preparation, monitoring and termination of contracts between the company and customers.
Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
Key Competencies (Non-technical Behavioral Skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), you may just list the most important 7-10, in priority order:
• Business: Project Management, Process Excellence, Business Acumen, Regulatory Understanding
• Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, including experience interacting with senior leaders;
• High integrity;
• Strong decision-making, solid judgment, critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize work to meet deadlines;
• Self-starter with ability to work with limited supervision; very detail-oriented.
• Demonstrates the ability to probe beyond stated requests to articulate and represent customer perspective and work with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
• Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner; ask appropriate questions in order to obtain information; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
• Bachelor’s degree
• JD from top law school
• 8-12 years of transactional legal experience, with substantial experience with government contracts and counterparties
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.