Are you mechanically inclined, and do you have experience servicing machinery or troubleshooting hydraulics or repairing the inner workings of forklifts or working as a tire technician or some other similar skill set? Do you enjoy traveling? If so, this could be an ideal position for you! The Regional Equipment Technician (also known as a Fleet Maintenance Technician) maintains several location's fleet within a region through preventative maintenance and repairs. The person in this role primarily deals with maintenance, safety regulations and policies and is a member of the operations team. The Regional Equipment Technician maintains Shred-it's policies, standards, and practices while interacting daily with internal and external customers and ensuring adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
The Regional Equipment Technician will live in the Phoenix area and travel up to 60% to Tucson, Albuquerque, El Paso, (possibly) Las Vegas and Phoenix. Our trucks are operated during normal business hours at each of these locations, therefore the service and maintenance is primarily done after-hours. Service and maintenance can be completed during the day when the trucks are not scheduled for day-time routes.
- Ensures all company vehicles and equipment are maintained to meet safety and reliability standards.
- Maintains all documentation of preventative maintenance, repairs, inspections, licenses, and required company paperwork as required per corporate policy.
- Maintains a regular schedule for inspections, repairs and preventative maintenance on company vehicles.
- Maintains repair shop/vehicles in a clean, safe, and secure manner.
- Ensures all materials are kept and stored in a suitable location and ensures all safety precautions are met.
- Ensures the use of all hand tools, power tools, cutting, welding equipment, and all other equipment is operated in a safe manner.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all systems and components of all vehicles. This is to include but is not limited to engine, transmission, air or hydraulic brake systems, steering, tires, electrical systems, seats and safety equipment.
- Maintains required level of parts inventory.
- Monitors the expenses incurred in the operation of the maintenance shop and ensures budget constraints are being met.
- Monitors the physical condition of all company vehicles, ensuring they meet Shred-it’s cleanliness and physical appearance standards.
- Maintains all vehicles in accordance with D.O.T standards and maintains appropriate documentation to ensure Shred-it’s fleet meets or exceeds D.O.T. regulations.
- Reports to the Service Department any partner that is not keeping a vehicle clean and/or operates any vehicle in an unsafe manner.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance to Security Service Representatives and Service Route Managers through a various means of communication.
- Manages the maintenance process in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Serves as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
1 year of mechanical/vehicle maintenance experience required.
Communication Skills/Oral Communication
o Effectively expresses oneself in one-on-one and group settings and presentations.
o Effectively expresses ideas through a variety of written communications (e-mails, memos, reports, etc.), demonstrating strong writing skills.
o Demonstrates attentiveness and the ability to understand the oral communication of others through active listening skills.
o Exhibits initiative and internal motivation to achieve goals, including those beyond standard expectations. Integrity
o Ability to withstand extreme temperatures in winter and summer.
o Climbing in and out of the shred compartment.
o Heavy lifting of machine parts.
o Bend frequently while performing maintenance.
o Maintains social, ethical, and organizational norms.
o Maintains a high level of activity and exhibits stamina, alertness, and sense of urgency.
o Demonstrates an open mind and positive attitude, while affecting others in a positive way.
o Displays genuine interest, excitement, and eagerness toward job, company, and internal and external contacts.
o Schedules and plans daily activities through proper time management and allocation of resources. Independence
o Must be able to work independently, think before acting and have sound judgment.
o Works in a diligent manner while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on all work.
o Takes into consideration the feelings and needs of others.
o Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, and shows an air of confidence. Teamwork
o Ability to work well in a team environment; always willing to assist other partners.
o Develops alternative courses of action as required, and make decisions that are based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual information.
o Decisions are made in the best interest of the customer and the company.
o Accepts personal responsibility for all actions related to decision-making and personal judgment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.