We are currently seeking an IWSS Program Manager to manage the Integrated Waste Stream Solutions (IWSS) and services provided to LQ Accounts for assigned accounts. Ensures program development and implementation, and meets all proposal and contractual obligations between Stericycle and customer. Responsible for managing the acquisition of program resources and coordinating Stericycle and Customer employees, and 3rd party contractors, in order to deliver the IWSS program on-time and according to plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Define scope of work, deliverables, and goals of the IWSS Program, as outlined in the customer contract.
• Estimate physical assets and human resources required to achieve program goals.
• Develop full scale project plans, timelines, milestones, and associated communication documents.
• Clearly and effectively communicate plans, goals, and expectations with hospital employees and administration.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget adjustments, as necessary.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to team members as appropriate.
• Supervise, teach and motivate project team members, as well as contractors, influencing positive action and accountability for assigned tasks.
• Proactively manage changes in the scope of work, identify potential issues/concerns, and devise contingency plans. Resolve conflicts, as required.
• Continuously track milestones and deliverables. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, documentation and presentations to project team members and customers.
• Identify successful and unsuccessful project elements; develop best practices and tools for future program execution and management.
• Upon implementation, actively manage selected service providers of MSW, Recycling, Confidential Documents, Hazardous Waste and Construction Waste, as well as existing RMW and SMS, In order to achieve target gross margins and ensure a high level in order to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Effectively coordinate training activities with hospital employees and IWCS (Integrated Waste Compliance Specialists), helping to hold all departments accountable to proper segregation.
• Assist Strategic Sourcing in the selection of 3rd party vendors to insure the service and price structure is in place to meet the requirements of the customer while obtaining internal goals for the customer.
• Assist sales in assessing efficiency opportunities and forming the implementation plan to maximize gross margin during the initial customer implementation.
Education & Experience:
• Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Business Management, Healthcare Administration, or Environmental Sciences, or the equivalent in related work experience.
• Three or more years of experience in managing an environmental department within healthcare environment, demonstrating the ability to plan and supervise the work of others and processing within operations in a regulated environment.
• Three or more years of previous management experience in a structured environment.
• A minimum of 1 year of previous project management experience, preferred.
• Demonstrates sound regulatory knowledge, including, but not limited to, EPA, DOT and OSHA standards and codes as they apply to the waste industry and healthcare institutions.
• CHESP (Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional) certification is preferred but not required.
• Experience with waste management, recycling, environmental standards, government regulations and compliance related experience is preferred but not required. May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements