Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking a Dispatcher to provide a timely response to customers' inquiries up to and including pick-ups, schedules, product orders, and all other aspects of a customer’s needs. The Dispatcher dispatches vehicles on a pre-set route for each driver on a daily basis in the interest of efficient customer service.
This is s full-time, 1st shift position, and the work schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5:00pm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, manage and assist with sales and customer request cases.
- Assist Customer Service with customer requests, route changes, rescheduling pickups and missed stops.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers in line with Customer 1st objectives.
- Build and print routes for drivers on a daily basis, including but not limited to shipping documents, route sheets, barcode labels.
- Dispatch drivers for extra or missed pick-ups.
- Reviews driver’s paperwork (VCR and log book) and files paperwork.
- Review and update routes and reroute existing customers as required.
- Debrief drivers in accordance with written SOPs.
- Ensure that routes are balanced and accepted on a daily basis.
- Forward VCR (Vehicle Condition Report) reports to Transportation Supervisor/Manager for maintenance request.
- Assist drivers with problems as issues arise (during the day or at the end of the route).
- Prepare, review and stamp all manifests.
- Assist Trans Supervisor/Manager as needed/directed.
DT Maintenance and Repair Team Member Development:
- Communicate performance standards and objectives.
- Monitor operations and work of all route Team Members.
- Keep staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional, organized, and participative meetings.
- Monitor Company policies and procedures, communicate to staff, as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and compliant workplace at all times.
- In the absence of a manager/supervisor, monitor and ensure that employees are performing their functions safely and productively.
- Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.