Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to oversee the safe and efficient handling and processing of regulated medical waste. Ensures that the plant and transportation consistently meets regulatory and safety compliance measures and operates in a productive and profitable manner. Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Performs duties/responsibilities of a Plant Worker including:
• Unloading waste from incoming vehicles, separating non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
• Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Bio Track system.
• Scan waste into the Bio Track system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
• Load mobile processor with waste for processing.
• Place re-usable containers on tub wash line for decontamination.
• Operates tub wash unit ensuring the wash unit is operating properly. Removes clean tubs from wash unit; inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
• Decontaminates vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reloads assigned re-usable tubs and ensure cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor.
• Ensures housekeeping issues; i.e., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc., are addressed immediately. Oversees and trains an effective and efficient staff:
• Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures and structure, to secure optimum utilization of resources.
• Monitors and ensures that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries. Assists in maintaining overall cost control of the plant. Ensures continuous improvement of productivity standards and worker safety performance in all phases of the operation. Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, either internally or externally. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable. Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day. Performs duties of a Route Manager when necessary.