Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
PAY RATE:$17-$22/HR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE & LICENSE
WORK SCHEDULE: 6AM-5PM MON-FRI 4x10
Responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery.
Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times.
May also transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
1) Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations. .
• Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher. .
• May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the delay ensuring enough supplies are added. .
• Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting. .
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc. .
• Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway. .
2) Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable. .
3) Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc.
Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
4) Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portrait a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• All CMV/CDL drivers must be able to obtain a medical card by a certified medical examiner.
• Minimum of one (1) year of related driving experience is required or completion of an accredited driving school and equivalent in related work experience.
o Internal candidates will be considered based upon on-the-job training, abilities, and qualifications. A member of local management will make the determination.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license from the country, state, or region they reside in for the position they are applying for (no revocations or current suspensions of license).
If driving a vehicle over 26,001 lbs., a “CDL” driver’s license must be in possession.
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements. • Demonstrates ability to use Hand held computer device.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day. Must have a clean driving record.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.