Be our newest team member! Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Reporting directly to the Regional Operations Manager, the Driver is responsible for driving the company vehicle in order to collect the customer products. In addition, to visiting customer sites, this position will focus on scanning, sorting and processing unsaleable and recalled consumer products for our clients as directed.
• Manages assigned routes in an efficient manner ensuring customers are serviced on time and to their satisfaction
• Collects required data with handheld scanning devices. Records required information legibly on route sheets and required documents daily.
• Communicates professionally and effectively with customers, co-workers, and Mangers.
• Loads / unload boxes on pallets and trucks for delivery to food banks or warehouses daily.
• Demonstrates the ability to read written instruction.
• Perform simple math
• Interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
• Completion of logbooks and understanding of hours of service regulations. Performs Pre and Post Trip Inspections
• Completion of required reports and strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
• Performs other related duties and special projects as requested. THIS POSITION IS PHYSICALLY DEMANDING!
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrates the ability to read written instruction, perform simple math, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
• Two or more years of customer service experience required.
• Previous route management experience is a plus.
• Experience in the grocery/retail industry an asset.
• Maintains current required driver’s license, with an excellent driving record. Will drive a 3 Ton Box/Cube Truck
• Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
• Demonstrates reasonable computer skills, knowledge of the internet and the ability to use a handheld scanner (with appropriate training).
• Must maintain current Medical Examiner’s Certification (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. It requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
• Must be able to exert up to 70 pounds of weight
• Ability to communicate in English both written and orally.