Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are seeking a Transportation Manager to manage the transportation department of one or more locations within assigned region; providing leadership within the locations as assigned. Act as liaison between customers, operations, CSRs, sales, and other support teams. Key Job Activities
Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff:
• Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce.
• Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives; conducts performance appraisals.
• Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
• Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
• Responsible for driver debriefs and TSSW audits.
• Counsels employees on educational and job opportunities, which will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
• Administers all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety.
• Monitors and ensures that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
• Monitors department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
• Develops subordinate managers and/or supervisors, particularly in the management techniques of planning, organizing, leading and controlling through continued coaching and feedback on performance.
• Is an active member of the Safety Improvement Committee (SIC) and drives safety through attendance of periodic CSR meetings. Maintains a positive relationship with all vendors which help facilitate the operation of the truck fleet, plant operation and building maintenance. Analyze profit and loss reports pertaining to the transportation department.
Oversees and participates in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all CSRs and equipment.
Ensures DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
Maintain high level of customer satisfaction through customer site visits.
Analyze transportation production reports to ensure improved productivity and reduce expense. Oversees routes and reroutes based on reporting results. Assist with route rebalance initiatives.
Review, analyze and approve payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and all employees are working efficiently.
Communicates proactively with Transportation and Plant personnel in order to ensure the prompt and accurate servicing of customers.
Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Facilitate customer offsite conversions.
Lead the accident investigation process of determining root causes of accidents, on the-job-injuries, property damage, and close calls in order to prevent them from happening again.
Manage acquisition integration initiatives.
Education equivalent to college degree, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating the ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
Five or more years of transportation management experience, or the equivalent in related work experience, demon-strating superior level of customer service.
Continuous Improvement or Lean experience preferred.
Commercial Vehicle Driving experience preferred, but not required.
Maintains current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Re-quires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
Demonstrates knowledge of NAID, DOT, OSHA and HIPAA.
Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing.
Demonstrates knowledge of inventory management and routing software.
Planning & Organization – Demonstrates the ability to establish course of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Innovation – Demonstrates the ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations; try different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
Integrity & Trust – Demonstrates the ability to be straight forward, candid while setting a professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect. Utilize an ethical value system to ensure fairness and equity, while encourag-ing different viewpoints. Is widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful; maintains confidences.
Driving for Results – Demonstrates the ability to set high goals for personal and group accomplishments; use meas-urement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously work to meet or exceed goals, while driving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
Building Customer Loyalty – Demonstrates the ability to effectively meet customer needs; build productive customer relationships; take responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Collaboration – Demonstrates the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others; establish and maintain good working relationships.
Continuous Improvement – Demonstrates the ability to originate action to improve existing conditions and processes; identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas, and implement solutions.
Inspiring Others – Demonstrates the ability to use interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward higher levels of performance.
Adaptability – Demonstrates the ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsi-bilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Decision Making – Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Coaching – Demonstrates the ability to provide timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish tasks or solve problems.
Building a Successful Team – Demonstrates the ability to use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals.
Business Acumen – Demonstrates the ability to use economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; use one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organiza-tion’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.