Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
This position is responsible for providing industry leading levels of service to our clients while taking care of all customer document destruction and medical waste needs. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times. May also transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location. Covers routes when other team members are on vacation, including those team members at remote transfer sites/states. Assist other drivers on long or heavy work days and/or work in the warehouse or processing plant as needed. Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
Document Destruction & Customer Security Responsibilities:
•Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment.
•Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
•Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles by ensuring all documents are retrieved, bags are placed and the consoles are securely locked.
•Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client’s business.
•Services accounts using a hand-held device, providing customers a printed certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
•Operates mobile shredder to conduct on-site shredding daily.
•Transports documents from client locations daily to be destructed offsite.
•Maintains a clean and safe working area; especially around the baling machine.
•Ensures that truck shredding compartment and cab is cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
•Performs mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and shredder equipment.
•Understand and implement all Corporate and Document Management division policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
•Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
Medical Waste & Healthcare Compliance Responsibilities:
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
• May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
• Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
• Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
Internal & External Customer Service Responsibilities:
•Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it/Stericycle.
•Develops and maintains a relationship with the account contact and decision maker to ensure contract renewals and prevent lost business.
•Completes all necessary paperwork accurately as required by company policy.
•Ensures that all customer containers have been serviced and are orderly and clean.
•Maintains cleanliness of truck interior and exterior.
•Always maintains personal appearance and truck presentation in accordance with policies. Presents the Shred-it image in appearance and actions as superior and professional.
•Serve as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
•Conducts daily check-in with Service Manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
•Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
•Complete and maintain DOT logs when applicable.
•Follows all safety requirements as outlined in corporate policies.
•Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing.
•Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
•Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc.
•Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
•Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
•Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day.
•Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Commercial Driver’s License - Class B strongly preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of one (1) year of route transportation experience is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of truck maintenance.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 57 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day.
• Must have a clean driving record.
• CDL drivers must be able to obtain a DOT medical card by a certified medical examiner approved by Stericycle.
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle.
• Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
• Must have the flexibility to change daily job duties with little or no notice.
• Ability to travel to other districts or branches with little or no notice.