The Buyer will execute Global Sourcing and Procurement efforts within a defined set of categories covering anywhere from $10 - $50 million in annual spend. The Buyer works with the category management team, AP, and key stakeholders in the business units to ensure the most efficient and accurate processing and documentation of all transactions, with the overall goal of minimizing the total cost of transactions without impacting service levels. The position will report to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, COE.
Activities 1) Process all purchase requisitions: The Buyer is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all purchase requisitions according to Stericycle’s corporate procurement policy. He/she verifies that terms are as per contract (e.g., pricing, delivery, payment terms).
2) Develop fact base for assigned spend categories: The Buyer knows key facts for assigned purchasing categories, including a detailed understanding of descriptions of the product and service offerings, capabilities and strengths/weakness of current suppliers, particularly in terms of delivery and invoice accuracy.
3) Perform gatekeeper role: The Buyer performs a gatekeeper role to ensure internal customers are complying with contracts by using preferred suppliers and buying items for which there is contracted pricing. The Buyer is also responsible for auditing supplier invoices on a periodic basis to ensure contract pricing is being utilized.
4) Manage day-to-day interaction with suppliers: The Buyer will manage the day-to-day business relationship with key suppliers. Supporting activities may include ordering, communication of de-mand/volume/delivery time changes, issue resolution, sharing of end-user feedback, follow up on backorders, etc.
5) Work to minimize the total cost of transactions: The Buyer works with the category management team to develop and execute sourcing strategies, including the use of new technologies, to streamline and increase efficiency of the order to payment cycle with the goal of reducing the cost of transactions. For smaller, non-catalog requisitions, Buyers will also be expected to source goods and services in a timely manner.
6) Drive innovative policy and process: This individual will be responsible for positioning Stericycle’s pro-curement function as a trusted advisor within the company. All procurement policy, process, and tools must be continually evaluated to ensure the team operates in a world class manner.
7) Additional work as requested.
• Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Operations Man-agement or Supply Chain Management, or the equivalent in related work experience. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certification preferred.
• 0 - 2 years of Procurement experience required.
• Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint with working knowledge of Project. Experience with Coupa a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.