Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
The Shred-it Customer Security Representative (II) is responsible for providing industry leading levels of service to our clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs. The integrity of every Customer Security Representative is essential to maintaining goodwill and building new bonds of trust with our clients. The Customer Security Representative is a member of the Operations team and plays an integral role as the face of Shred-it.
The Customer Security Representative(II) maintains Shred-its policies, standards, and practices and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
• CUSTOMER SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment.
•Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
•Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles by ensuring all documents are retrieved, bags are placed and the consoles are securely locked.
•Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client’s business.
•Services accounts using a hand-held device, providing customers a printed certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
•Operates mobile shredder to conduct on-site shredding daily.
•Transports documents from client locations daily to be destructed offsite.
•Maintains a clean and safe working area; especially around the baling machine.
•Ensures that truck shredding compartment and cab is cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
•Performs mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and shredder equipment.
•Conducts daily check-in with Service Manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
•Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
•Complete and maintain DOT logs when applicable.
•Understand and implement all Corporate and Document Management division policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
•Follows all safety requirements as outlined in corporate policies.
•Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern. CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
•Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
•Develops and maintains a relationship with the account contact and decision maker to ensure contract renewals and prevent lost business.
•Completes all necessary paperwork accurately as required by company policy.
•Ensures that all customer containers have been serviced and are orderly and clean.
•Maintains cleanliness of truck interior and exterior.
•Always maintains personal appearance and truck presentation in accordance with policies. Presents the Shred-it image in appearance and actions as superior and professional.
•Serve as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portrait a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- All CMV/CDL drivers must be able to obtain a medical card by a certified medical examiner.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related driving experience is required or completion of an accredited driving school and equivalent in related work experience.
- Internal candidates will be considered based upon on-the-job training, abilities, and qualifications. A member of local management will make the determination.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license from the country, state, or region they reside in for the position they are applying for (no revocations or current suspensions of license). If driving a vehicle over 26,001 lbs., a “CDL” driver’s license must be in possession.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to use Hand held computer device.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day. Must have a clean driving record.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.