Under direction, this position is responsible for the collection of delinquent balances of customers within a predetermined business segment aligned to a geographic location.
- Self-driven and competent Collection Specialist
- Main responsibility will be to contact clients and collect missed and outstanding payments.
- We are expecting this person to be professional, and trustworthy and to be able to work independently.
Collection Specialist duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor accounts on a daily basis
- Identify outstanding account receivables
- Contact (phone, email and in person) clients and discuss their overdue payments
- Investigate historical data for debts and bills
- Take actions in order to encourage timely payments
- Resolve billing issues
- Resolve customer credit issues
- Update account status records
- Prepare and present reports on collection activities and progress
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role
- Contact clients and discuss their overdue payments
- Working knowledge of MS Office (excel, power point) and databases
- Comfortable working with targets
- Knowledge of local collection laws and regulations
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.