Provide support, vision and direction to critical data domains, both master data and transactional business data. The Data Steward is critical to the future state of Stericycle’s data quality and data operations business process, strategy, and fu-ture data management state, and this role will be a significant contributor to ensure that data is complete, accurate, and timely for operational usages.
key Position Activities
Partner with business data owners to understand the business rules for data specific field usage and business process
Maintains data lineage for each of the data elements maintained for a given data domain. Be able to understand and communicate when data attributes are required, and what downstream systems consume and leverage this data. Maintain data domain documentation within the Data Management Repository, including data policies and standards, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture.
Act as the final check and balance to the business to ensure that data being entered is correct, truthful, and business appropriate. Partner with business leaders and data leads to establish the governance for a given domain to ensure that standards are being adhered to. Partner with process leaders to ensure that data tools are appropriately leveraged to enable streamlined systematic business rules and data governance.
Act as a key resource in requirements gathering and testing for the Master Data Enablement IT organization related to projects and enhancement requests. Coordinate business readiness activities and system documentation for projects/enhancements.
Develop reports and key metrics on data domains to help measure whether processes are within SLA, how long business processes are taking, and other process related metrics
Hold process improvement discussions with the business to identify means to improve business processing in regard to data domains
Monitor aspects of data quality issues such as duplicate records, data anomalies, deviations and other data issues that will impact business process
Partner with the business to understand and manage data lifecycle management including data retention, data archival, and data destruction
Define and manage escalation procedures for data related issues and production support
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum three years of experience with data domains, preferably (but not limited to) material, customer, or vendor/supplier
• Experience leveraging SAP ERP/S4 HANA, SAP Fiori, and SAP Master Data Governance Tool or similar Master Data Governance workflow tool
• Working knowledge of master data structures, data models, and reporting repositories that support master data
• Strong data mining and data analytical skills desired; The ability to write and leverage SQL a plus but not re-quired
• Understanding of the standard application development methods covering the full development lifecy-cle
• Working knowledge of Excel and how to leverage the tool to perform data analytics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.