Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
Responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and/or SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times. May also transport waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location, to a transfer location or processing location. Covers routes when other team members are on vacation, including those team members at remote transfer sites/states. May act as a trainer for new employees or existing employees which have issues completing assigned duties as directed by management. Assist other drivers on long or heavy work days and/or work in the warehouse or processing plant as needed. Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
• Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
• May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
• Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
• Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
• Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing.
• Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable. Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc.
• Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
• Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day. Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day.
• Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
• Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or the equivalent in related work experience,
interacts professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional appearance and attitude at all times and in all situations.
• Must be 21 years of age.
Minimum of one (1) year of Commercial Driving experience is required.
• Two or more years of customer service experience preferred. Previous route experience is required.
• Maintain current NonCDL license, with a clean driving record.
• Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card by a certified medical examiner approved by Stericycle, if applicable.
• Demonstrates ability to use handheld computer device.
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
• Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle.
Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
• Must have the flexibility to change daily job duties with little or no notice.
• Ability to travel to other districts or branches with little or no notice.