Working as a key member of the PR, Media & Social Team within the SCS Marketing department, this role will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team by planning, designing and implementing effective public relations programs for both the Shred-it and Stericycle HCS business units and offer additional public relations support for the Go-to-Market teams. The Associate PR, will contribute to managing company image and reputation in order to achieve our marketing goals; and will be accountable for carrying out tactics consistent with the company’s strategic goals and priorities, and in consultation with the Marketing leadership team.
Key Position Activities
Public Relations • Align PR content/themes with the greater editorial content calendars for the Shred-it and HCS business units.
• Manage the development of PR content/collateral – i.e. infographics, whitepapers, microsites, etc.
• Provide public relations support including proofreading, editing, and assisting with outreach activities.
• Coordinate requests for graphics, logos, bios, photography and other needs.
• Manage and update the PR statistics library monthly and quarterly.
• Coordinate efforts for Good Riddance Day event in New York, including: promo/advertising materials, logistics, digital and social requirements.
• Coordinate PR components of large-scale Community Shred-it events or other media events.
• Coordinate tradeshow speaking/PR opportunities with the GTM team.
• Work with PR agencies to research paid media opportunities.
• Help manage reputation: review or compile media reports, monitor to identify any issues and/or criticism of the company’s brand or services, and document and resolve issues in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
• Foster an environment that supports innovation and breakthrough ideas; actively generates, seeks and takes advantage of ideas, best practices and solutions that add value.
• Collaborate with other internal teams, marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency.
• Develop and maintain sound working relationships with vendors. Ensures projects are managed appropriately and funds are spent wisely.
• Ensure high quality, timely roll out of tactics through effective collaboration.
Bachelor's or college degree in a marketing discipline or equivalent work experience.
1-2+ years experience in a marketing role, preferably in a B2B services environment
Experience managing and working with external agencies, consultants and vendors.
Proficient in program or project management with effective time and priority management skills; ability to work independently, and manage multiple projects.
Strong computer skills are required, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Strong attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgement and decision-making skills.
Possesses the ability to embrace change and actively look to enhance and improve current processes. (flexibility)