The senior application developer works under minimal supervision to deliver critical projects and modules, many of which requires expertise in a very particular technical domain. This job position plays a crucial role in the entire development cycle of a project1. An in-depth understanding and insight of the PatientPrompt system (www.patientprompt.com) is a foundation, on top of which, the awareness of system architecture, business implications and long term project plans is often required to put things into greater context. Collaborations with system architects are required for conducting performance test, architectural design, security and stability analysis. Mentorship and guidance for other team members is often called upon to empower the team.
1The development lifecycle: Analyze (requirements), Design, Implementation, Documentation, Testing, Deployment, Maintenance
- Work under minimal supervision and take ownership of delivery of assigned projects
- Ensure the quality of the project delivery (Testing, security, documentation, repository etc.)
- Collaborate with QA, PM team and report to team lead, supervisor to ensure success of projects
- Contribute to the requirement and design of the projects
- Understand business requirements and implications of each project to support design decisions
- Produce technical diagrams on system behavior, architecture designs, process flows etc.
- Ensure compliance of the project with respect to development methodologies
- Troubleshoot urgent production issues under demanding timelines
- Conduct performance testing and stability analysis
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other developers for continuous improvement