Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
The Plant Supervisor is responsible for Establishing, monitor, and maintain a high level of productivity and efficiencies on each of the operating shifts at the plant. Monitors and maintains regulatory and safety compliance as we strive for maximum production.
Key Job Activities
- Ensure all plant personnel perform their tasks safely while utilizing all PPE and other safety equipment at all times.
- Maintain regulatory compliance within the plant and plant yard. Maintain and manage plant processing supplies consisting of PPE, uniforms, cleaning material, processing chemicals, etc., to ensure that adequate inventories are always available.
- Ensure the plant employees and shift supervisors maintain productivity standards in all phases of their operations. Review shift productivity to identify maximum efficiencies and operational opportunities.
- Initiate actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions or practices.
- Train all new plant and temp personnel and provide monthly training of all current plant personnel, as required or requested, including safety and compliance.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, either internally or externally. Coordinate customer needs by adhering to a defined processing schedule.
- Interface proactively with personnel to achieve business goals.
- Periodic facility audits, review of all applicable regulatory paperwork, e.g., biological testing, WW testing, etc.).
- Monitor daily performance of plant employees, directly or within guidance, providing feedback (including growth opportunities). Influence hiring and firing decisions and disciplinary procedures. Assist in resolving plant problems and issues between sales, drivers, and plant/maintenance employees.
- Maintain overall cost control of the plant.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Education equivalent to graduation from High school, or has attained GED.
- Two or more years of industry related experience as a supervisor or the equivalent in related work experience (management).
- Must be flexible, goal orientated, results driven, focused, and have the ability to meet goals and deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.