Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Worker to ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and the waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. Plant Workers are responsible for extensive lifting, walking, bending, and pushing. Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds and push and pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
This is a fulltime, 1st shift position with a start time of 6:00am
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles. Separate non-autoclavable waste to be incinerated.
- Stage waste on conveyor system or properly stack waste for scanning in the Biotrack system.
- Scan waste into the Biotrack system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
- Load autoclave bins or incinerator hopper with waste for processing.
- Place re-usable containers on tub wash line for decontamination.
- Operate tub wash unit insuring the wash unit is operating properly. Remove clean tubs from wash unit, inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
- Operate tub wash sprayer for oversized reusable tubs insuring the unit is operating properly. Inspects tubs and stacks for loading onto assigned vehicle for re-use.
- Decontaminate vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reloads assigned re-usable tubs and insures cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Inform plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
- Ensure housekeeping issues are addressed immediately, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris is not on floor.
- Assist in other areas of the plant operation as directed.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and tact.
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates ability to complete a task after being trained.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift (preferred but not required).
Education and Experience:
•Education equivalent to graduation from high school, demonstrating the ability to understand and follow established safety measures.
•Three or more months of plant/warehouse experience required, or the equivalent in related work experience.
•Demonstrates the ability to operate equipment (trucks/forklifts) and technical ability to operate a hand cart/2 wheel dolly.
•Demonstrates good penmanship.
•Must possess a valid driver’s license.
•Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications, including spreadsheets and word documents.
•Demonstrates the ability to observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. *LI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.