Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking a Shredding Specialist who will be responsible for receiving, separating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder, as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. Shredding Specialists also must be team players and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment.
This is a full-time position, and the work schedule is 2nd shift, 2pm-10:30pm, Monday-Friday.
- Unload shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch.
- Operate and maintain baling machinery.
- Ensure all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
- Perform shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
- Safeguard plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
- Operate forklifts and perform preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards.
- Ensure that truck shredder compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines.
- Perform weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Maintain supplies for plant operations.
- Maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of Shred-it.
- Follow the company’s policies and procedures at all times, bringing the manager's attention to any and all areas of concern.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to withstand the physically strenuous demands of lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to pull and push heavy equipment and objects (80 to 100 pounds).
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle throughout the day for business needs.
- Ability to sit for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Ability to walk up to eight (8) hours per day.