The Strategic Pricing Analyst partners with Sales, marketing, contract administration to analyze and prepare Finanical models for sales proposals within the SCS business unit. Position coordinates conversations with the Sales Team and Revenue Managment to collect relevant information and then evaluate deal economics.
Key Job Activities:
1. Process sales proposals through profit model
a. Evaluate deal pricing structures to ensure fit with company objectives. Effectively evaluate deal economics of trade-offs between price and incremental account penetration
b. Model scenarios and calculate impact of changes to individual terms and pricing scenarios.
c. Collect, analyze and report of status of major agreemnts in the sales cycle.
d. Maintian documentation of approved contract proposals and reconcile approved proposal with executed contracts.
2. Compile analytical data to drive decisions
a. Provide regular and ad hoc pricing analysis and reporting for management
b. Perform analysis and implement improvments to financial models to improve accuracy.
c. Perform margin and pricing analysis to support key business initiatives, as required
i. Establish/maintain a documentation/tracking, communication and review of internal and external comparative price data, including wins and losses due to price
ii. Partner with Sales Team through by creating models of deal scenarios.
a. Participate in weekly calls with sales team to discuss deals in various stages of the sales cycle.
b. Participate in conversations providing recommendations to Sales Teams to develop offers and customer messaging.
c. Propose and execute process improvements to existing pricing process workflows
• Education equivalent to Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business or the equivalent in related work experience.
• Three or more years of progressively responsible financial analysis or pricing experience
• Demonstrates strong analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and is demonstrates strong problem-solving skills. Must be able to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections. Must be able to effectively present financial information and analysis to management and senior leadership
• Excellent computer skills required. Requires expert knowledge of Microsofte Excel and Powerpoint, as well as intermediate knowledge of Tableau. Alteryx experience preferred
• Demonstrated excellent math skills and strong attention to detail are required to be successful in this position
• Demonstrates excellent communication
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.