We are seeking a Manager of Technical Pricing to manage sales activities with a focus on material services by providing technical support, market knowledge and recycling / disposal solutions while meeting Stericycle margin expectations.
- Support Sales activities by participating in the evaluation of opportunities and providing technical knowledge.
- Develops market based pricing leveraging historical and forward looking evaluation of competitor’s pricing and end disposal costs.
- Works with the Sales and Marketing teams to prepare successful market strategies including price, structure of proposals, and planning material segmentation / routing.
- Timely respond to requests for information/pricing from our customers to ensure consistent and great customer service
- Assign, validate and/or approve the correct use of Stericyle disposal process codes.
- Review profiles submitted by sales/customer service that cannot be handled through the Central Profile Group (CPG) because our facilities are not permitted to receive such radioactive, bio materials, explosives, etc. material.
- Provides regulatory review of EPA, DOT and State designations.
- Obtains approval for direct ship profile(s) to ultimate disposal sites(s).
- Provides training on proper profile completion, submittal and follow up.
- Identify the most cost effective disposal/ recycling options based on customer disposal technology preferences, geography and facility acceptance criteria and permits.
- Work closely with and build a network of relationships with Sales, internal plants, and end disposal facilities.
- Provide pricing for Pricing Disposal Request (PDR), case by case, direct ship, direct ship transportation, etc. while meeting Stericycle margin expectations.
- Develops new markets and business segments by sourcing vendors with unique or emerging technologies.
- Coordinates with facilities to expand and equalize disposal technologies nationally including by offering direct ship and pass through options in regions where internal capacities have not been developed.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science Degree
• 10 years’ experience in environmental field including hazardous materials operations
• 2-5 years major account sales experience (preferred)
Specific Technical Skills
• Firm knowledge of EPA, DOT, and State Regulations
• Firm knowledge of operating permit and Waste Acceptance Profiles (WAP)
• Firm knowledge of all available treatment technologies
• Experience with international regulations, treaties and protocols.
• Knowledge of range of regulatory bodies from local to Federal (i.e. Fire Code, USDA)
Critical Performance Competencies
• Strong business orientation
• Ability to provide effective and timely solutions while managing costs/risks
• Ability to build an organization staffed with the right people in the right roles
• Understanding of current and emerging technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
• Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
• Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve
• Displays a relentless commitment to win
• Displays personal & corporate integrity
• Office environment and Home Office. Travel is, as needed, to keep current understanding of and relationships with facilities, service centers, and sales teams.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.