The position works to manage and improve call center operations by processing requests for schedule updates, as well as tracking and maintaining information about other call center resources.
- Process, route and/or respond to requests from management and other call center team members in a timely manner. Requests will be from multiple channels – email, IM, phone call, system generated or in-person. Process requests according to established guidelines. In consultation with the Workforce Management manager, process requests with exception based on overall business objectives - especially the impact to workload, staffing levels and service levels.
- Using specialized Workforce Management software tools, manage staffing levels and service for multiple call centers. As necessary, modify schedules to meet the forecasted workload and service levels. This includes offering and process Additional Hours or approved unpaid Time Off (VGH). Analyze call center performance history to determine optimum times for off-production activities.
- Coordinate with management to administer onboarding of new hires. This includes but is not limited to: tracking recruiting progress for each class, reporting progress and status to management, submitting requests to IS Security for new hires, and coordinating with IS Procurement to obtain computer equipment as needed.
- Using Workforce Management tools, track and maintain information about staff and staff movement, and provide reporting on staff movement and counts at regular intervals and as requested by management.
- Track additional resources as necessary, providing regular updates to management on the status of those resources. Resources include computer equipment (e.g., laptops, desktops, monitors, etc) as well as physical workspace (cubes) and software licenses. Develop and maintain effective tools and resources for tracking information about these resources, including acquisition date, occupancy/assignment, and replacement date. Proactively identify resource shortages and notify management. Secure replacement resources (e.g., new computers) as necessary. Assist with physical management of resources, including but not limited to receiving and retrieving computer equipment, and setting up computer equipment in physical workspaces.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Education equivalent to Associate’s Degree or the equivalent in related work experience demonstrating strong knowledge of call center management best practices, including contact center metric and reporting. Analytical experience preferred
- One or more years experience in a call center environment demonstrating experience with continuous improvement concepts to increase operational efficiency.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications especially Outlook and Excel. Demonstrates ability to create and maintain spreadsheets.
- Strong knowledge of workforce management tools preferred, especially Genesys WFM systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.