Curently we are seeking a Marketing Manager, Content.
Working as a key member of the Brand & PR Team within the Marketing & Strategy department, this role will be responsible for developing and executing a successful brand / thought-leadership content strategy that supports brand awareness, brand engagement and brand authority. The [insert title] will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team by planning, designing, implementing and evaluating effective content and will be accountable for carrying out tactics, consistent with the company’s strategic goals and priorities.
- Manages and leads the execution of high-quality thought-leadership content (net new, refresh or adaptation) while ensuring brand standards are met. Materials include: newsletters, articles, website landing pages, corporate website content, blogs, infographics and more to drive results across a variety of channels
This would include:
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders (Brand & PR, GTM, P&I & Digital) to determine priorities, concepts and ideas for new material
- Establishing topic, content framework and messaging
- Developing creative briefs, providing concise details of asset requirements
- Facilitating the content lifecycle workflow from creation through approvals, editing, publishing/ activation, measurement, curation and maintenance
- Serves as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity and consistency as well as adherence to legal & regulatory requirements
- Balances employing SEO strategies while ensuring the priority of editorial integrity
- Manages internal content resources, sources for external vendors and publishers to drive content strategy execution from ideation to completion and measurement
- Uncovers and develops ways to scale content strategy to get the highest delivery out of each piece being created
- Develops and refines content process and workflows to improve efficiency, consistency and quality across all platforms
- Analyzes content performance and reports on relevant KPIs (open rates, click-throughs, time on page etc.)
- Works closely with the Creative team to execute all content on brand; also
- Provides oversight and direction to content contributors, collaborators and stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Manage the distribution of content across all channels
- Identify content gaps and opportunities for growing the brand and furthering awareness/reach
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitors.
Other responsibilites include
- An excellent B2B message developer, writer and editor
- Quality Orientation - monitors and checks work to meet quality standards; demonstrates a high level of care and thoroughness; checks work to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal/external audiences as required
5-7 years experience in a marketing role, preferably in a B2B services environment or a highly regulated, compliance based industry
Bachelor's or college degree in a marketing discipline (journalism, PR, writing) or equivalent work experience.
Strong writing and editing skills are essential, along with attention to detail
Possess a combination of in-depth editorial and project management expertise
Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to take complex topics and distill into clear, consice, data-driven and actionable content.
Experience developing and managing editorial calendars and organization workflows.
Experience using a Content Management System.
Proficient in time and priority management skills; ability to work independently, and manage multiple projects.
Strong computer skills are required, including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgement and decision-making skills.
Possesses the ability to embrace change and actively look to enhance and improve current processes. (flexibility)
Experience managing and working with external agencies, consultants and vendors.
Works collaboratively – ability to work within existing organizational dynamics and share information effectively.
Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop an asset.