Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
- Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment.
- Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
- Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles by ensuring all documents are retrieved, bags are placed and the consoles are securely locked.
- Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client’s business.
- Services accounts using a hand-held device, providing customers a printed certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
- Operates mobile shredder to conduct on-site shredding daily.
- Transports documents from client locations daily to be destructed offsite.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area; especially around the baling machine.
- Ensures that truck shredding compartment and cab is cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performs mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and shredder equipment.
- Conducts daily check-in with Service Manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
- Completes and maintains DOT logs when applicable.
- Understands and implements all Corporate and Document Management division policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
- Follows all safety requirements as outlined in corporate policies.
- Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
- Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
- Develops and maintains a relationship with the account contact and decision maker to ensure contract renewals and prevent lost business.
- Completes all necessary paperwork accurately as required by company policy.
- Ensures that all customer containers have been serviced and are orderly and clean.
- Maintains cleanliness of truck interior and exterior.
- Always maintains personal appearance and truck presentation in accordance with policies. Presents the Shred-it image in appearance and actions as superior and professional.
- Serves as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional demeanor and attitude at all times and in all situations.
- A minimum of 2 years customer service experience required.
- A minimum of 6 months route-type work required.
- Current and valid drivers license required with an excellent driving record.
- Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of intranet.
- Maintains current Medical Examiner’s Certification (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and up to 60 pounds of force frequently and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.